chapter 58

After taking a deep breath, he let go of me.
"Good night, y/n." He said and escorted me to the door.

"Good night, sir." I answered and smiled softly.
I walked to my apartment and saw that the door had finally been fixed.
When I got ready for bed, I saw that I was still wearing what Homelander had given me.
I took the clothes off and threw them into a corner and practically fell into bed.

The next morning, I was awoken by a knock on my door and not my alarm clock.
I got out of bed, I threw a morning robe on and headed to the door.
"Good morning." Homelander said as he smiled. Standing in front of my door, a bakery bag and two to go cups in his hands.

"Good morning, sir." I said and held onto my robe tighter while stepping aside.

"Did I wake you y/n?" He asked while he set the table for breakfast.

"Uhm...yes. I'm sorry, did I miss something?" I asked, unsure.

"Nothing at all. I just thought that yesterday must've been a lot. So I had else get our breakfast. And we're eating together because I don't want to do it alone." He explained without looking at me.

"Ah...uh...okay. Thank you, sir." I said carefully and sat down opposite him.

"You're welcome." He said and took a long and satisfied sip from his cup.

"You know." I said and looked at my own cup of hot chocolate. "We should get some reusable cups that the shop can refill for us." I said and finally took the warm cup into my hands.
"Not only would it be more environmentally friendly. But the awful  texture these to go cups have would not be a problem anymore." I said and frowned.

"Ha. So you're sensitive." Homelander joked and raised an eyebrow.

"Yes. Very much." I replied with a silly grin.

"Well, it's a good idea. Whatever the reason." He said, and then his face fell. "You'd be a good head of... whatever they want you for."

"Thank you. But as I said, I'm not interested in that Position." I said with a small smile.