chapter 82

I walked back to the window and stared out of it. I heard Deep and Homelander come back.
As the door opened, I turned around.

"Starlight looked pretty upset." Homelander said and grinned.

"Yeah. Her eyes glowed." Deep added.

"You hear that? You made her eyes glow." Homelander repeated, seemingly happy about that.

"Here's your water." Deep said and poured me a glass. While Homelander sat down in his chair.
I sat down in between the two of them and thanked Deep.

"So the talking didn't get too well?" Homelander asked.

"It seems that I chose the wrong people as my friends." I sighed, and Homelander held his breath. "I know that now." I said and squeezed his hand.

"That's what really matters (bro)." Deep said.
Homelander gently shook his head.

"Yeah. You're right, Deep." I reassured. "That is what really matters.
He just nodded with a sly, knowing smirk on his face.

He was kind of a cutie. But there was barely a thought behind those eyes, even if they glistened like the ocean in the calmest of ways.
I noticed how his smile grew a little, and his heart picked up its pace. I was staring and he caught me!
I smiled but looked away, I then felt Homelander squeeze my hand a bit tighter, making me look at him.

He stared at me with his eyes. His blue eyes. But unlike Deep's, his eyes seemed hostile. You couldn't see what he was hiding behind them. His stare was ice cold yet mesmerizing.

His jaw was clenched, and his pulse got quicker. Looking at him was a feeling so different from looking at Deep.
I put my other hand on his and smiled.
He relaxed a little.
I pulled one of my hands from his and took a sip from my glass.