chapter 41

"Let's go." Homelander said and walked towards the door.

"Alright." I said and followed swiftly.
We walked toward the elevator. I followed Homelander through the building until we stopped at a door labeled 'marketing'.

Homlander knocked but entered without waiting for an answer.
A bunch of hellos were thrown our way, and Homelander didn't acknowledge any of them.

"If you're done, we want to discuss business." He stated and waited for someone to give up their chair, that he could sit down. Once he was seated, he motioned for me to also sit and waved at someone for a chair.
"Now. We've come up with a timeline that not only doesn't make me want to throw up but also makes sense and avoids plotholes." I explained once Homelander gave me the go.

Homelander made them listen to me, and not long after, they seemed interested in our pitch.
"So. Now you have everything you need." Homelander said and stood from his chair. "Let's go y/n." He said and started to walk off.
"We're a good team." He said while we made our way back to his apartment.

"I agree. Working with you might be a challenge, but I like it." I said and smiled to myself.

"A challenge?" He asked with a light chuckle. "How so?"

"You are unpredictable, sir. A good quality in battle, yet a bit of a challenge for a PA." I explained with a small laugh.

We reached his apartment, Homelander opened the door and motioned for me to go in. I went in and saw that the dinnertable had been set and dinner was waiting. 
"Come. Sit." Homelander said and guided me to one of the chairs.

"Thank you, sir. I didn't-." I said, stumbling over my own words.

"You're welcome, y/n. Though I hadn't anticipated that PR would take this long." He said with a sigh and took the chair on the other side of the table.