chapter 83

"How about we do something together?" I asked and smiled.

"What? I didn't get any crime stuff in." Deep said.

"No. Not like that. Like, watch a movie or I don't know. Something fun." I said.

"We do that all the time, Birdy." John said.

"Yeah, but only the two of us. But I appreciate the friends I have beside you. Like Deep here and Noir too. We could just chill." I explained.

"I haven't done that in forever!" Deep said happily.

"I've never done that." John scoffed.

"Oh, come on, it'll be fun!" Deep said. "Sir." He added. "I think Noir would like some chill time. I mean, you two go way back, right?" He said nervously.

"Fine. We'll ask him. Come on." John said, finally giving in.

"Yess." Deep and I said and high fived. John gave a suspicious look.

"When did you two get so close?" He asked.

"I don't know. Just sorta happened." I shrugged. "Anyway. See you at 8 Deep. My apartment!" I said and followed John out.

"Later!" Deep yelled as we left him behind.

I caught up with John and purposely bumped into him. "It'll be fun." I said and grabbed his arm.

"Mhm. Not sure about that." John sighed.

"If you really want your team to be like your family, then hanging out outside of being the seven is important too." I tried convincing him.
John stopped to look at me, a somewhat bewildered look on his face. His mouth was slightly opened, but he didn't say anything. Instead, he continued walking to Noir's apartment.
We continued in silence.
Homelander knocked on Noir's door. In a swift motion, the door opened, revealing the man himself.

"Hi." I smiled and waved, he returned the gesture. "Do you wanna ask him?" I ask John.

"I guess." He sighed. "We're going to spend some time at Red Canary's apartment and wanted to invite you." He explained.

"No, no, no. You make it sound like another meeting!" I said to Homelander. "We're going to watch a movie or play some games. Homelander, Deep and me. And you if you wanna join in. Just chill out a bit. Maybe get to know each other better, like friends?" I suggested.
"Starts at 8. My apartment." I added.