chapter 84

He gave a thumbs up and closed the door.

I looked at John, and he shrugged. "We should get going." I said.
We went back to my apartment.
"Do you wanna pick out a movie while I prepare some snacks, or do you wanna get into something more comfortable first?" I asked.

"What do you mean get more comfortable?" He asked.

"Yeah. Get out of that suit and into something comfy." I explained, but he looked confused. "I'm going to change into some shorts and a shirt." I added, and he seemed to have an 'Ah' moment.

"They've never seen me without my suit." He said somewhat pouty.

"I'll make sure the others don't show up in their suits. That way, we all look different than usual." I reassured, and he nodded.

"Alright. I'll get changed." He said and walked out of my apartment. I got my phone and made a new group called 'The Elites'.

"Make sure to change into something more comfortable. Tonight my apartment is a suit free area. Wear something casual."

The message got liked by all of them. Which meant I could get changed as well. Afterward, I continued preparing snacks.

There was a knock on the door. It was John. "The door is open." I said and heard him push the door open.
He walked over to the couch and sat down.
"Ohoho a fruit bowl?" He laughed and turned to look at me.

"I also have some less healthy options." I said and set down said snacks.
"So you actually changed. You look good." I added.

"I saw your message, and the others seemed to agree with it." He admited.
"Looks like they're on time." He added and smiled.

I walked over to the door and opened it. Behind it stood Deep.
"Great timing, Red!" He said excitedly.

He wore gray joggers and a muscle shirt that read "save the turtles." He looked ridiculous.
"Have a seat. Snacks and drinks are over with Homelander." I said and motioned to the couch.
He walked over and greeted him nicely.
I turned to look at the door, having felt a minimal gust of motion against my arm. In front of me stood a man dressed in a black shirt and jogger. His face was scarred, and he seemed somewhat sad.

"Noir?" I asked quietly, and he nodded.
"Glad you decided to join us. Have a seat." He nodded and joined the others.

"Noir. Good to see you decided to come. Although I wouldn't have thought you'd come without your suit." John said and patted noirs shoulder.
"I don't think I've ever seen you without that mask." He added, and noir looked away. "I'm honored you are willing to share your face with us." He smiled.

Noir looked straight at him and smiled.

"Bro." Deep said and held out his fist to Noir. They bumped and sat back.