chapter 76

"You know, speaking of that. I haven't been down in that shop in forever." I said and sighed.

"Do i hear a sigh of relieve? Was waiting in line really that horrible?" John asked with a little grin.

"Nooo, it was just annoying. I just can't stand when someone keeps talking and talking. Like dude, just ring up my order." I said getting irritated by the thought of that asshat.

John got slower. "What? Is that why you always too so long?" He asked in a tone that was supposed to be half joking.

"I didn't take that long!" I defended myself, ignoring Homelander's quickend heartbeat.

"Y/n. I don't want you to feel like you can't go somewhere because of whatever reason." He said staring at the wall ahead, while walking. "We are gods. We are the ones to strike fear, not feel it." He added overly dramatic.

"I'm not afraid. I was annoyed. That's all." I corrected. "Besides. I don't think, that even if, I were to go there again, he would't dare strike up any kind of chitchat." I assured.

"He.... well, what did you do to that guy." Homelander asked, his tone getting rougher and his heartrate going even higher.

"I told him to fuck off. He got salty about it, so I guess that worked." I shrugged. "It's fine. Besides, I won't  be going there anymore. Whenever I want some hot chocolate, I'll just have you get us some from Paris." I said teasingly.

John sighed, which turned into a light chuckle.  "What makes you think I'll play delivery boy for you?" He asked and laughed.

"Easy. You love me." I said and smiled, while hugging onto his arm. "You got yourself into this, showing me that cute Cafe." I added and chuckled.

"You Y/n, are evil." He said and stopped in front of me.

"Why's that?" I asked.

"Because you know I couln't say 'no' to you." He cooed while he got closer to my face and kissed me.