chapter 68

We lay in bed and looked at each other.
I could hear his heartbeat and his uneaven breathing.
I put my hand in his and closed my eyes.

I must've fallen asleep.
When I woke up, I was a bit disoriented, I even thought it had been a dream. However, when I looked to the space next to me, it was still occupied by Homelander. He was looking at me, laying on his side.

"You talk when you sleep. Not loud and nothing that seems to make sense." He smiled.

"How long have you been staring at me like that?" I asked.

"A while." He said with a cute smirk.

"You creep." I laughed and scooted closer to him.

"It's not my fault you're such a lovely sight to see." He argued.

"Oh, stop it, Homelander." I laughed.

"We should get to know each other better. I mean, more personal information.... maybe over lunch?" He asked curiously.

"Lunch? Is it already that late?" I asked concerned.

"Haha, no. It's still early, don't worry." He answered amused.

We got out of bed after eating breakfast together and got ready for a fully scheduled day.
"You've got an interview, followed by a meeting with the rest of the seven, then another meeting with ashley and some other staff. Should I go on, sir?" I asked with a small smile.

"What kind of interview? Another 'crime investigation', or a 'who's Homelander really' thing?" He asked bored.

"I'd say it's more of a 'The leader of the seven up close' thing." I said, and he huffed.

"They always find new ways of repackaging the same old shit." He frowned.

"Don't be so hard on yourself. I don't think you're old shit." I teased and smirked at him.

"You are evil y/n." He said, squinting his eyes. "And I love it." He added and pulled me close to him.

"I love you." I exhaled happily.

"Well. Let's get going." He said, and I followed him to the window. He grabbed me by the waist and speeded to the interview location.