chapter 32

It took a while and a lot of imagination while avoiding certain topics, but sure enough, we had at least two ideal timelines we could present PR.

"You are very good at your job." He said and packed the original timeline he made back into a folder.

"Thank you very much, sir." I said with a large smile.

"We'll present tomorrow after lunch." He announced, and I nodded. "Good. 3pm, my apartment." He added and licked his teeth.
I looked up at him. His smile actually reached his eyes, and then he went on to explain. "It's easier to just go there together. I'm sure you don't know where everything is yet."

"Yes, of course. That is very thoughtful of you, sir. Thank you." I said and felt unsure if he had only asked me to his apartment for the way up to PR or if that included lunch in his apartment. Regardless, I wasn't going to ask and make the situation weird.
He told me that that was all for the day and that I was free to leave.

I went to my apartment. It was nice to actually get some time for myself. But as soon as it came, it went away with a knock on my door.
I could hear him shift from one foot to the other. It was deep. The way his movements sounded made it clear.
I pondered if I should pretend like I didn't hear him or that I wasn't "home," but there was another knock. It was firmer than the first one.
I got up and opened the door.

"Y/N! Hi." He said miserably, failing to hide his excitement.

"Hey deep." I answered with a soft smile.

He smiled back at me but didn't say anything.
"Sooo... Anything you need?" I asked.

He shook his head. "No, just wanted to see if you're free."

"I am, but I'm Homelander's PA." I said and hoped he'd understand.

"Oh yeah. No, I know that. He made that real clear. But I meant more like, "You wanna hang out" free." He explained.

"Oh. Well, yeah. I guess so." I thought about it for a second, and before I could invite him in, he already headed for my couch.

"I like what you've done with the place. Looks cozy." He said and flopped onto the couch.

"Thanks." I said and sat down on the other side of the couch.