chapter 3

"I think we could use another PA." He said, smugness radiating off of him, while he looked around the room, trying to collect agreeing nods like his life depended on it.

There were slow nods, but no one said anything.

"Fine." Homelander finally said and sighed.

"I've got a task for you." Said Queen Maeve, and I turned to her. "Nothing big. Just a coffee from the shop down the street."

"Yeah, I'll take one too!" Said the deep with a boyish smile.

"If it's not too much, I'll get one of the bubbleteas. They're so good! You can get yourself one as well." Starlight said with a smile.

"Anything for you, A-train?" I asked, and he looked over at homelander who seemed to be waiting for him to ask.

"No... thanks." He said quietly, at which Homelander laughed.

"Oh, don't be shy, A-train. Everyone sees you gulping down those milkshakes and fast food." He said and scrunched up his face. A-train didn't respond.

"Anything for you then, sir?" I asked Homelander, and his thin lips almost curved up into a smile. "No. Thank you." He said, and the others seemed to be surprised by his answer.

"Very well. What about you, Black Noir?" I asked, and he shook his head.

"Good." I said and walked out. Having their preferences already in my phone from ashley.