chapter 63

We reentered the tower, and Ashley burst through the door. Tablet held high and smiling. "Wow!" She said overly dramatic and happy. "Your first appearance, and not only are you trending! No! People have already started a fanclub!" She explained and showed some kind of graph. "Your ratings are going through the roof!" She almost yelled.

"Congratulations, y/n!" Homelander said and slapped his hand on my back.

"Congratulations indeed, y/n!" Ashley said and brabbled about more interviews and stuff while she walked out of the room.

"Thank you." I said to homelabder and smiled at him.

"Ha. I didn't do anything. That was all you! With that radiant smile of yours!" Homelander argued softly.

I felt my cheeks heat up at his compliment and thanked him once more. "You are too kind. And so good with reporters, and victims and just everyone." I rambled.

"Time and training." He smiled and chuckled lightly.

"Training? Please, it feels like you've always been so cool!" I blurted out and quickly shut my mouth.

"You think I'm cool?" He laughed, surprised. "You don't even want to know how many nights I've spent in front of a mirror, searching for the right words to say. Coming up with clever comebacks. Trying to sound somewhat convincing, trying and failing over and over again." He sighed as his mood fell.

"I'm sorry, sir. I didn't want to bring you down." I apologized.

"Don't be ridiculous. Takes a lot more to bring me down, y/n." He said and smiled.