chapter 78

She looked at her phone and got quiet.

"Are you good, Ashley?" I asked, before she could answer the door flew open.

"There you are! Come on, come on." It was John, smiling a bit too wide, his heart minimally faster than his usual pace.

I got up and followed him. His puls was higher than usual, he seemed very energized.
He pulled me by my arm and smiled, after entering the Elevator, I asked him what was going on.

"Just happy to have you. Nothing to worry about my love." He said and smiled.

"You seem off." I said. "Are you sure you're ok?"

He looked at me, with a very concered expression on his handsome face. "Am I scaring you?" He asked.

"No. You're not scaring me. I'm just concerned that something happened and you're not comfortable telling me what it is. Since it seems to bother you." I explained and his expression softened again.

"I'm fine. Nothing is bothering, not anymore." He said and hugged me softly.
The elevator dinged and the dorrs opened. "We should get going." He sighed and took my hand in his. 
Before exiting the elevator he exhaled deeply and looked straight at me.

"Do you trust me?" He asked, his voice merely above a whisper.

"Of course." I said quietly.

"And you Love me?" He asked, voice shaking the tiniest bit.

"More than anything." I replied and sqeezed his hand.

He sighed, seemingly relieved. We stepped out, hand in hand.
It felt exciting not knowing what would come next. With John by my side, I felt ready for whatever it was to come next.

As we rounded the corner the Sevens meetingroom came into view, the doors were closed but behind them I could sense at least a dozen people. Shushing each other and woozling all around.