chapter 77

"You know, I actually have a meeting I forgot to take care of." John said and rushed a kiss to my cheek. "You go on ahead. I'll be back in a bit!" He added.

"Ahead? Were to? I thought we were just going to walk through the halls!" I called after him.

"Ah. Right. We were heading down to Ashley's office." He called while he continued down the hall and out of view.

I heard him woosh away and stood continued to stand in the Hall for a little bit. Then I continued down the hall over to Ashley's Office.
The whole tower seemed to have quited down. It felt almost dreadful.

As soon as the door to Ashley's office came into view I could hear the noise and motion of at least two people.  I knocked on the door and waited. Without John by my side, I suddenly felt so small again. The past months we were almost inseparable, besides managing his meetings and doing the Personal Assistance stuff.

"What!" I heard through the door as it flung open, revealing a very stressed Ashley. "Y/N!!!" She yelled. "How can I help you?" She asked while letting me in.

"Weren't you expecting me?" I asked. "J-  Homelander told me to go on ahead and meet up with you." I said, his real name almost slipping from my mouth.

"Oh uhm, yeah. Just not so early." She said but still sounded very confused. "Were  is Homelander now?" She added quickly.

"He has some sort of meeting. He said he's not gonna take long." I said. "By the way, who were you talking to?" I asked curiously scanning her office.

"Uhm... fantastic question." She said but didn't answer. "Do you wanna sit down? Maybe something to drink?" She asked.

"Sure." I said and sat down.

"Sooo how has working for Vought been?" She asked.

"A lot. In such a short time." I said and smiled.

"Short time? It's been, what, six months?" She said and chuckled. Had it really been six months?

"I guess I lost track of time." I admitted.

"Don't worry. Sometimes I don't even know what day it is." She joked but sighed. "By the way. Your first Company Party is around the corner." Only like two more months until preparations start, do you have any ideas or wishes?" She asked and got her Tablett out.

"And why are you asking me again?" I asked and she cocked an eyebrow.

"Your are head of design or whatever it's called. Remember." She reminded.

"You're rigth. I've been so involved with PA stuff, I completly forgot." I rambled and felt so very overwhelmed.

"No need to worry. You stand under Homelander's portection. The worst thing that could happen to you, is him turning on you." She laughed but it didn't sound like a joke. "How about we get some ideas out." She continued.

We talked and planned for quite a while until Ashley's and my phone buzzed.