chapter 69

We got there a little early, so the makeup department had enough time.
They were kind enough to do my makeup for me again. I had tried doing it myself, but I hadn't considered the harsh wind.

"They're not covering your wrinkles." I said and smiled.
The makeup assistant's hand froze, and her heart rate went up.

"I knew you'd like it. Makes me more approachable." He answered with a light chuckled, and the assistant's hand started to move again.

"Still, I'd suggest they cover those wrinkles above your cheeks. The crow's feet should be the only ones truly visible." I said.

"So only the crow's feet stay visible?" The assistant asked, confused.

"You know, if you'd actually *use* your brain and ears, you wouldn't have to ask stupid questions." Homelander said, annoyed.
The assistant still looked confused. However, now there was a tint of annoyance on her face as well.
"Yes. Cover all except for the crow's feet." He clarified.

Makeup was done, and Homelander sat across the interviewer. The show started, and everything went smoothly. Lots of smiles and laughs, of which most were fake.

The interview ended, and we headed back to the tower.
"I like that you know some things that I don't." Homelander said once we landed again.

"I'm happy to tell you about all the random things I know. And that's a lot." I laughed, and he smiled softly.

"You know what would be nice right now?" Homelander asked with a smile.

"I don't know. What?" I asked with a matching smile.

"This." He laughed and hugged me. "And if this would last forever, then it would be perfect." He added.

"But it can't. You got those meetings commin' up shortly." I huffed.

Homelander sighed and nodded.

"Come on. You go attend that seven meeting and I'll get us some hot chocolate." I said with a smile.

"Wonderful idea love. But why don't we wait with the hot chocolate until tonight. I know a place that got the best." He sighed with a smile and kissed my cheek.