chapter 38

"Correct." He mouthed. As he closed the distance between us quickly.

"Homelander." I said as a shiver ran down my spine.

"Y/N." He whispered as he stood before me. So close, I could feel breath on me.
My heart started to pick up its pace as well, and he smiled, probably hearing it.

"Now. I'll show you the design!" He said and clasped his hands together enthusiastically.
With that, he stepped back and walked over to his dinner table. I followed after a second of hesitation.
"Here. What do you think?" He asked and showed me a professionally drawn sketch.

"Wow. I didn't know you were so artsy." I said and looked at him.

"Hah. I'm not. I came up with the idea and everything. One of those people from before drew it." He said and waved his hand dismissively.

"Well. I have to admit. It looks interesting." I said as I looked at the red and white suit. "But wouldn't black and red be a better combo?" I asked truthfully.

He scrunched up his face. "White looks classier. Also. Do you see any black in my outfit?" He scoffed.

"Oh, so we're actually matching." I said and smiled to myself.

"Oh, does that make you happy?" He asked and grinned.

"Kind of." I teased way too boldly.

His eyebrows went up, and his tongue licked his teeth again. "Then I'll need your measurements now." He said and stared at me with a small grin.

"Alright... do you have a bathroom?" I asked and hated the phrasing.

"No. Y/n. I just piss out the window." He said, annoyed and rolled his eyes.

"Sorry." I said awkwardly.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" He asked impatiently.

"The directions to your bathroom." I answered directly.

"Oh, what's the difference. Just do it here." He sighed, annoyed.
I couldn't argue with that. It made sense, and it wouldn't have been a good idea to argue with him anyway. So I undressed down to my underwear. Thank the gods. I wore something decent and not the old stuff.