chapter 2

A short elevator ride later, we made our way over to a large double door.
Ashley knocked but didn't wait for an answer.

She rushed in. After a second of hesitation, I followed. But I saw that she stopped in her tracks, frozen in fear.
I scanned the room and found the source of the voice that yelled at her.

"ASHLEY! WILL YOU EVER LEARN HOW KNOCKING WORKS?!" It was Homelander.
"I mean SERIOUSLY. Are all of you stupid?" He seemed seriously pissed off, and the silence didn't help.
"Of for fucks sake." He sighed. "Go on Ashley. What is it?" He said and tapped his temple while leaning on the enormous table.

"Right. This is y/n. This is their training day as a PA...for you." She said and shoved me in front of her.

I was about to introduce myself, but the twitch in Homelander's eye stopped me.

"Why wasn't I informed???" He yelled once more.

"You see, they applied for another position. However, I think they would be a great PA!" She said hastily.

"You *thought*." He said, and his lips thinned. He floated over to her and clenched his jaw.
"Didn't we talk about that?" He said, and she gulped.

"If I may. Homelander, sir?" Deep said and raised his hand like a little boy.

"Of course." He said and backed off. "The stage is yours."