The Time When You Were Mine[northx sonic]

In shadows, he's almost mine, 

Yet, it slips away, not in line

My heart, his not to find, 

A love, a tale undefined.

He is here but not mine.

It's time for me to choose. I see two things: one, the dark experiences I've been through—dark shadows, creeps that have left me with sleepless nights and no hope for living. The other is to leave him, adhering to the standards of what he wants, all alone and giving up on this love between us.

If I walk away now, I may never be able to tell my future baby who his father was. On the other hand, if I stay, maybe he just stays the same or changes, and we create a happy family. All these maybes scare me. Am I giving this relationship a second chance? Am I truly in love, or do I feel pity for all those days I've spent with him? Should I feel pity for him or for myself? What should I feel? Should I even feel properly? There's no answer; everything is stuck.

North, who was looking at Sonic with all his hope, had his eyes fixed on him. His mind desired Sonic, and that's all—he truly wanted him to stay after all they had been through. He couldn't bear another loss, especially after loving so deeply. At this point, if Sonic were to leave, he would rather die than be alive.

Sonic, on the other hand, was looking at his hands, feeling the weight of his choice.

Sonic: If I won't walk away, will you choose to change—for me, for our baby? You have to change, and that's all. If you can change, I am willing to stay with you forever. I won't leave you like others. I promise I will never leave. You know how much I still love you after everything I had to go through. I can't, I also have a life to live. You know I care about you the most, so you have to get therapy, and see a doctor. 

North: Oh, baby. *As he hugged Sonic.*

Sonic: You promise, right?

North: I will do everything you say... EVERYTHING. *His smile was as wide as you can imagine.*

"I can't imagine my world without you. I really can't. Are you truly willing to stay?"

Sonic: Yes, but only if you are willing to change.

North: I know, I will do anything to change myself for you, for this baby. I will be the best father for our baby.

Author: Can a child change even the most harsh boys or girls, or can they?

North walked Sonic back to the car. Sonic was still somewhat scared of North, dealing with the side effects of what he had been through and the circumstances surrounding it.

NORTH: You want to go back that way? I will apologize to him and Pete.

SONIC: That's a good start, but can you please give me some time? I've seen you as a different person. Please don't act like this; it's weird, really weird.

NORTH: I understand. I'm sorry.

Sonic nodded and sat at the back, not able to sit with North at the front. As they were going, Sonic saw a car following them.

Sonic: Is that car following us?

North: I don't know. You stay put, okay?

Sonic: North, you're going the wrong way. This is not Way's house.

North: Wait, wait.

Sonic: What are you doing, North?

As the car that was following North's car simply took over and stopped the car, North abruptly went outside, his eyes expressing too much.