NCT Dream - Late night date | ☀️ |

Ship: Markhyuck (Mark & Donghyuck)

Request/Idea - The author (Me)

~~~

Mark's the leader of NCT's sub-unit, NCT Dream. Being the leader, Mark sometimes has a lot to do. And today was the same case.

NCT Dream were at the studio recording some songs for a comeback that'd be happening. Mark was one of the first members to finish recording his lines and since he didn't have anything else to do that day, he ended up helping with the recordings.

Donghyuck is Mark's boyfriend, and it's been a while since the two went out on a date. He was currently with a few of the other Dream members at a practice studio going over the dance for a finished song. The practice ended earlier so Donghyuck was going to pop by the studio to see if he could record his lines early but was surprised when he saw Mark there.

"Hey, Markie hyung" Donghyuck beamed, "Why are you still here? Didn't you finish recording a couple hours ago?" he sat down beside him.

"Yea I did, but I have nothing else on my schedule so I'm helping the other Dreamies" Mark replied as he pecked Donghyuck's cheek.

Donghyuck's smile faded. He knew how hard Mark works when they start preparing for a comeback and a few times in the past, he always overworked himself without knowing. That's why Donghyuck kept a close eye on his boyfriend when a comeback's announced.

"You okay, love? You look worried" Mark commented when he saw Donghyuck's expression.

"No. It's just... for other comebacks you overworked yourself and I'm worried you may do it again" Donghyuck replied while shifting in his chair to face Mark.

"Don't be worried. I won't overwork myself this time, baby. I just want to help since I have nothing else to do, okay?" Mark assured.

"'Kay Markie. Am I able to record my lines early? I finished with everything else on my schedule."

"Of course. Get in the booth and we'll get started."

Donghyuck set his stuff down on the chair he was just sitting at. He then stepped into the recording booth and slid the headphones over his ears but leaving one ear uncovered so he could hear what they told him.

Mark started by making sure his boyfriend had the lyrics in front of him before having Donghyuck go over the lines and make sure he knew which lines were his. He then started up the music for Donghyuck's first lines which went pretty well. He only needed one runthrough for his first set of lines to perfect it. For Donghyuck's next sets of lines however, they had a bit of trouble with getting the music to play properly.

~ One hour later ~

This setback put them back about an hour which meant it took them to the time when they would be having dinner with the other NCT Dream members.

However, they managed to fix the lines in time and Donghyuck sat down on the couch as he waited for Mark to finish. Only one other member had to record his lines so Donghyuck was hopeful they'd be able to go home soon. He lifted his head up from his phone when Chenle walked in and set his bag down.

"Hey, Lele" Donghyuck smiled, "Still have to record?"

"Yea. I already ate though so I don't care if it takes long, hyung" Chenle responded.

"Chenle, you ready to record?" Mark asked as he turned in his chair to face the two.

"Yea, I am."

Chenle got up and stepped inside the recording booth just like Donghyuck did 90 minutes ago and slid on the headphones.

Donghyuck watched Mark work hard to help the second youngest record his lines and his lips lifted in a small smile. Mark's been working hard all day and even though it was getting late, Donghyuck wanted to take Mark out on a late night date. He looked online for a casual restaurant that was still open and found Mark's favourite place. Donghyuck set his phone and waited for Mark and Chenle to be done so they could go out.

"Great job, Lele" Mark announced as Chenle finished with his lines then turned to Donghyuck, "Lemme just pack up my things then we can get going."

"'Kay hyung."

Donghyuck watched Mark pack up his stuff in his bag then zip it up and sling it over his shoulder.

"Alright. Let's get going" he stood up from his chair.

"Actually, Markie" Donghyuck started when they left the building and got into the van, "I wanna take you somewhere. For working hard today but not overworking."

"Thanks, love. Where are we going? There's almost nothing opened right now" he gave his boyfriend a kiss.

"Take us to *Insert restaurant name because not everywhere has the same restaurants*, please" Donghyuck told their driver.

Mark gave Donghyuck another kiss once Donghyuck announced they were going to his favourite restaurant for dinner. The whole ride there he kept thinking about what to order but it was quite obvious since he always order the same thing.

When they got to the restaurant, Mark and Donghyuck both thanked the driver before walking together towards the restaurant. The two entered and Mark smiled at the restaurant's lovely smell. Their waiter greeted them and guided them to the table, asking for drinks first. For the food since they already knew what they wanted, Mark ordered some kimchi and rice and a brownie for dessert while Donghyuck ordered some ramyeon and a slice of vanilla cake with strawberries for dessert.

"Thanks again for taking me here, baby" Mark turned to Donghyuck when the waiter left.

"No problem, Markie" Donghyuck smiled, "You worked hard and it's been a while since we went on a date together."

"It sure has."

Mark and Donghyuck sat there, talking to each other about whatever while waiting for their food. The food arrived soon after and Mark didn't hesitate to pick up his chopsticks and eat his meal. When Donghyuck was taking a sip of his coke, Mark sneaked a bite of his ramyeon and when Donghyuck turned back, he saw Mark looking guilty.

What Donghyuck did however, is not ask what Mark just did but instead steal some of Mark's kimchi right in front of him.

"Wow" Mark fake gasped, "That hurt."

"Don't lie. You stole some of my ramyeon first."

"Okay, I did. But it's good."

Mark and Donghyuck finished their full meal and soon left the restaurant with full stomachs. Mark called for a driver and the van soon arrived, both of them climbing in.

While the driver took them back, Donghyuck started to feel sleepy and rested his head on Mark's shoulder. Mark smiled and pushed himself closer to the younger.

"Thanks again for dinner, love" Mark thanked his boyfriend again.

"No problem, Markie. I just love you a lot" Donghyuck lifted his head to look at Mark

"I love you too" Mark replied.

~~~

WC: 1116

I recently downloaded NCT's game 'NCT Zone' and it's really fun. If it's available where you are, you should download it.

🎂 Happy Birthday to Kangsan from NCHIVE 🎂

Song recommendation: 'I GOT IT' by Han from Stray Kids