Scared of the Pain

Dedicated to @MarvelllLover4Life

(So it's not totally making her insecure, but I thought it worked. So I hope you enjoy!)

She loved Bucky. Of course she did. They had been dating for a while now, yet Bucky didn't make her feel the best. Bucky was always flirting with the other girls in the tower and would sometimes ignore her. She couldn't help but feel insecure sometimes. Caitlyn grew to feel this way almost all the time, except when Bucky took her out or only spent time with her.

And Steve took notice.

"Hey, Caitlyn. How you doing?" He asked heras he walked up to her when she was just reading on the couch.

"I'm fine, but it's you I'm worried about. How's it going with Bucky?"
There was a pause.

"I don't even know anymore, he seems to ignore me unless he really wants to be around me. And I hate it. I hate how it makes me feel." She was worried about what was going to happen in the relationship.

"I'm sorry to hear that. You want me to talk to him or anything? You know, he has been like this almost his whole life. Anytime he gets really close to someone, he starts to push them away. It happened with me for a little bit, but we got through it. I can just talk to him and see what's going on."

"Thanks, Steve. That would definitely help. Would you?"

"Yeah of course! Don't worry, it shouldn't be long before he always wants to be around you." Steve smiled, knowing that answer will help Caitlyn.

She already felt better, but not completely. All she wanted was Bucky.

----

"Hey, Buck, can I talk to you for a second?"

"Yeah sure," they walked out of the room and into the empty hallway, "what's up?"

"I just wanted to talk to you about Caitlyn." Bucky looked at Steve, a little confused. "She's been feeling a little insecure and not completely happy. She sees you flirting with the other girls and she knows you're avoiding her."

Bucky looked up to Steve. He sighed, knowing he has done this before and is disappointed in himself.

"God, she does? I don't mean to be, but you know what I'm like. I want to be close but I don't want to hurt her, especially with the arm now and everything with HYDRA. What do I do?"

"Well, start by telling her what you told me. Let her know that you don't want to hurt her. And acknowledge the fact that you did make her feel bad and apologize for it. That's the best way to start. Then, start to get closer to her, don't flirt with the others, and don't ignore her."

"Thanks for letting me know. I felt like she wasn't wanting to be around me, but I had no idea. And thanks for the advice. I'm going to go talk to her now. Thanks again, Steve."

"No problem, it's what I'm here for. Now go, I don't want her to feel bad any longer."

"Neither do I!" Bucky yelled as he began to run out to the living room.

----

Caitlyn was still in the same spot, nose in her book.

"Hey Cait, can I talk to you?"

She looked at him and nodded. She closed her book and moved over so he could sit next to her.

"So Steve told me. And I just wanted to say that I'm so sorry. I know that I have been neglecting you. I have done this before, but know it's almost worse. With the arm, the bad memories, and the perfect girl, I just don't want to hurt you in any way. So that's why I choose to just ignore you. I want to be with you, I just want you safe. I'm so, so sorry for what I've done and I want to change. For you."

He gave her a weary smile, in hopes that she will accept the apology.

She smiled back, and began to tear up.

"Thank you. For everything. Telling me, apologizing, and just everything. I love you."

"I love you, too," he smiled and hugged her tightly. He didn't want to let go anymore. Neither did she.

They broke apart after quite a while and just looked at each other. And then a kiss. It was so passionate. It had waited long enough.

----

About an hour later, Bucky and Caitlyn were just cuddling on the couch when Steve walked in.
"Ugh, get a room," he mocked. "I'm just kidding, I'm glad you two made up. Enjoy yourselves."

He winked right before walking back out of the room.

The two of them looked at each other and just laughed. Steve was so weird sometimes. But, that's not what mattered. All that mattered was that Caitlyn and Bucky made up.

----

The two of them spent the rest of the night attached at the hip. They were both loving it, and everyone else got slightly annoyed with it. They didn't care though, they loved each other and that's what they cared about.

A/N - Hope you liked it! Feel free to request more!