Family

A/N - For @-thewiintersoldier . I don't know what to say up here, so I'll just say that I hope you enjoy!

PS - hehe this is the 69th part. I'm sorry you have to deal with me

After spending the day crying and cuddling with Bucky for comfort, Angela was able to, somewhat, poise herself. The two of them had to put their old dog down, a golden retriever named Remy. He lived a long, joyous 14 years, but had developed arthritis and cancer.

This dog meant the world to Angela. He was kind, fun, and as understanding as a dog could be. She had had him since college, and loved coming home to see him almost everyday. But now, he was gone.

Angela stayed bundled up on the couch since they returned from the vet. She spent most of the day crying and reminiscing. Bucky stayed with her most of the day as well, comforting her and just trying to be supportive. But he knew, deep down, that there wasn't much he could do. While he would be there for anything, only Remy being alive would help this. She just needed to grieve for a while.

----

The next day was better, but not by much. While Angela wasn't crying, she was now looking at pictures and any mementos of Remy.

Bucky hated to see her like this. Broken, but he wouldn't be able to do anything about it. So he tried to think of ways to help her through this.

Some of her favorites things? Like movies or food? That might help.

Let her just keep going on like this? Eh, that wouldn't be that effective.

Another dog? Oh, another dog. She always loved meeting dogs on the street, maybe a puppy could cheer her up!

I'll probably wait a little bit longer, just because I don't want to mess with the grieving too much.

----

After putting Remy down on Saturday, Bucky had to return to work. Angela was supposed to as well, but she took today off to just spend a little time to herself.

When Bucky was leaving, he gave her a worried look. She was still on the couch, wrapped in a blanket. With a picture in front of her, she just stared straight ahead. Bucky walked back to her and kissed the temple that was showing from above. She didn't move, but closed her eyes.

"I hope you feel better soon. You can call me or text me anytime if you need me,"

"Thanks," she muttered, not showing much emotion.

He sighed to himself and went back to the door. Looking back, he was still worried, but knew that a new puppy could help her immensely.

----

After training and working at the tower for the day, Bucky decided to walk home today. Not just was the weather beautiful, but he had discovered that there was a humane society just a few blocks from the tower.

When he entered, he was instantly greeted by barks and meows coming from the back.

"Hi, what can I help you with today?" A kind woman said from the front desk.

"Hi, so my girlfriend just lost her dog that she's had since college. She's pretty upset and has been grieving for a few days now. And I want to adopt a new dog for her, in hopes of helping. I'm not sure if now is the right time, so maybe in a few days, and I just wanted to get your opinion about this?"

"Well, first I'm sorry for your loss, losing a long-time pet can be hard. As for getting a new one, I'd say wait a few days and see how she feels. Hoping she's not grieving for too long. If you want you can take a look around and see if there are any dogs that you like?"