Please - II

A/N - For @GigiRJ . A sequel to Please, hope you enjoy!

PS - This is one of my favorite songs (maybe of all time? It's for sure a favorite of right now), and I thought the lyrics would work really well. (Also, this is not the full song, James Blake is just pretty strict with what is released, so I recommend listening to the full song!) Song is The Colour In Anything by James Blake, just in case it gets deleted.

Bucky kept himself isolated for the few weeks after his accident. He felt like he caused too much damage and deserved to punish himself. Of course, Gisele gave no blame to Bucky, only the intruder, so she visited him often. He mainly stayed in his room, but came out a few times for the necessities.

But one day, Bucky completely broke.

It was a normal day of Gisele visiting, and it started out deep.

"Why do you keep visiting me? I almost killed you," he said sadly as soon as the door had opened.

"Why? Because I love you and I know you weren't actually the one who wanted to kill me,"

"But I still did it,"

"But you weren't in control,"

"Yes, but I was aware and I remember it. I remember all of it. All of them,"

"Now that's your past, though. You know that you're not to blame for all of them. You were tortured,"

"But did I ever try to stop it?" Sadly, he looked from Gisele to the floor, trying to hide his expression.

"Maybe and they just wiped you after you tried to stop it. Or you couldn't because they had too much power and fear over you." She stated as she walked over to sit closer to Bucky.

"I barely remember the last 90 years of my life. My only memories are fragments, and most of those are the people I killed." Bucky admitted. And as he did, he looked up, expecting her to be disappointed in him.

She gave him a saddened look, trying to console him. "I know I'll never understand what you've been through, but I know I can try to help you through it. Yes, you've done some bad things, but the real you didn't do them. You were a puppet to them. And it will be hard to get those memories back, but I believe you will."

He tried to smile, but it just came out so sad. So instead he gripped her in one of the tightest hugs he had ever given. She held him close, just trying to help put his pieces back together.

----

That night, Gisele wanted to sleep next to him in order to help keep him together. But he didn't allow it because he was scared of the winter soldier coming out while he was sleeping. It had happened before and he feared for her safety. So, they slept separately, but once she was awake, she went over to Bucky's room just to be next to him.

She snuck into his room, trying to not wake him. But was she was by his bed and was able to slip in, he flipped over and opened his eyes.

"Gisele...?" He utterly sleepily.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to be with you,"

"Don't apologize. Just come here," he said as he opened his arms and she fell into bed.

They got comfortable and sighed with content in unison.

The two of them stayed there for a while, just enjoying each other.

----

After about an hour of just laying together, Bucky decided to tell her.

"I think I'm going to go to Wakanda."

She looked at him curiously. "Why?"

"For T'Challa's offer,"

She gave him a wide-eyed, in-shock look.

"What? You're going to willingly freeze yourself?"

"I need to keep you and other protected from me."

"But do you need to go this far? Can't we find other ways?"

"I don't know, but this is the easiest and probably most successful way."

"Bucky, please." She looked to him sadly. "Please don't do this." She whispered.

"I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry. I love you so much and I never want you to be hurt, emotionally and physically. But this is what I need to do. T'Challa has the best scientists in the world working on a cure as we speak. I believe they can fix me."

All she could do was show a concerned face and hold him. She pushed into his chest and he wrapped his arms around her, hurting her close for one of the last times for a while.

----

WAKANDA

"He will be completely safe in there. He will come out every once in a while for some tests and to work on what HYDRA did to him. Do not worry." T'Challa explained.

Gisele and Steve came with Bucky to Wakanda. They were his best support team and his closest friends.

"Buck, I'm sorry it had to come to this, but T'Challa has the best people for this and we will visit often."

"I know. I believe in them."

"And you're completely sure you want to do this?" Gisele questioned, hoping he would back out.

"Yes. I can't trust my own mind. This is the best way to protect the people I care about," Gisele and Bucky looked to each other sadly, but Bucky hated seeing her like this. "Gisele, please. Don't worry about me. They will help me and I probably won't be frozen for that long. It will most likely be mainly psychological studies and experiments. And you can visit me whenever you want." Bucky smiled sadly to both Gisele and Steve.

"I know... It's just..."

"Bucky? It's time." A scientist interrupted.

The three of them looked at each other, all preparing themselves.

"Buck. I'll always be here for you and I know you'll be okay. You're the strongest man I know and you always will be. I don't want you to leave again, but I understand this time." Steve reassured. The reassurance was meant for Bucky, but ended up for himself. He needed to tell himself that Bucky was going to be okay.

"Thank you, Steve. I know that I will always have you. Don't worry, man, I'll see you soon." Bucky joked.

"God, I love you more than anything. I know you'll be fine, but it will be hard to live knowing you're frozen or being tested on. But, you did it willingly, so that will help me. Just, please, come back as a similar man I fell in love with, please." Gisele pleaded, beginning to tear up.

"Gisele, please, don't cry. I don't want to see you in pain because of me. I love you infinitely and that will never be taken away. I will come back, I promise." He tried to smile, but his response just made more tears from Gisele.

Bucky was then led to the cryofreeze tube.

"Thank you," he muttered before the tube was closed.

Gisele and Steve smiled at him, both mouthing words to him. Gisele wanted one last "I love you" and Steve just wanted a "promise."

Bucky smiled, but the ice was swept over him, causing his smile to fade and then become stiff.

Once he was frozen, Gisele leaned into Steve, and let the tears flow.

Steve had his own, and held Gisele close. They tried their best to console each other, but it just ended up with more emotions bubbling to the surface.

Into Steve's shirt, Gisele whispered to herself, "Please, just come back to me."

A/N - Sorry it was a pretty sad ending, but I thought it'd be interesting to write.

So I hope you enjoyed and more requests coming in the next few days!