Only Hope

A/N - Fully inspired by Star Wars. All characters (besides "you") credit goes to Stars Wars and Disney.

Song - Angels (stripped) - Khalid

Enjoy!

"You're going to have to find him. He could be the key to finding Luke, thus ending all of this."

"Understood. Any starting points you suggest, General?"

The General took a few seconds.

"Start on Hoth and other cold, mountainous planets. He always loved those. If he's there, you'll know. But don't stay too long."

"Understood. Thank you, General."

You began to turn and prepare for the journey when she stopped her.

"(Y/N), this is going to be a dangerous journey. Others are probably looking for him and he'll know when you're close; he may move. So," she paused. "May the force be with you."

----

Bucky had felt that conversation. He knew someone new would come for him. While he was desperate to leave and continue his hiding, the force pressured him to stay where he was and allow you to find him.

It was a safe space and he could easily manage to stay, yet he couldn't give up the confidentiality of him and his father's agreement.

Still, the feeling was right and his head told his heart to remain.

----

You first flew to Hoth, figuring it would be the quickest stop. After landing and emerging from the x-wing, you were hit by the cold.

This whip of wind instructed you to leave, yet you needed to check every spot. Instinct told you that, but your head begged you to fly. It couldn't control you on this mission; you knew that the force would be the one to guide you.

You continued on, using your device to detect any life forms. Only discovering tauntauns and few other life forms, no man lived here. Soon the cold got under your skin and drove you back to the x-wing. He wasn't here.

----

Head bent down, his eyes were the only thing to move when he felt it. You were on the move, coming closer and closer to him. He wanted to remove himself, but he remembered Leia. He was desperate to see her again and assist in any way possible, yet his father's wishes were more powerful. Feelings began to conflict.

He rushed around the tiny area, gathering his few belongings. He stomped out the fire and made his way to his ship.

----

You hit many planets, desperate to find the man. But each place turned up nothing.

"General, I don't know what to do. I've hit at least 10 planets by now, and still nothing." You told the hologram, beginning to surrender the search.

"I know you're close. I can feel it through..."

"Yeah, the force. But if the force is so helpful, why can't I find him?"

The General searched her mind for a good answer.

"You're not going to like this answer, but I believe it is leading you. You can't overthink it. Just go where you think he could be. Let yourself wander, and you'll find him."

You sighed, acknowledging that she was right. All of this happens for a reason.

"All right. I'll check in when I get to the next place. Thank you, General."