Those Three Words

How the first "I love you's" happened

You and Bucky had been dating for about 8 months. It was going perfectly, even better than perfect. You could tell, you loved him. He was perfect for you. You hadn't said it out loud yet, but you knew. And he felt the same. He knew you were the love of his life, but he hadn't said anything either. Neither of you knew when it was the right time. Which worked out, because this had happened.

----

It was a Sunday morning, Bucky had woken you up with kisses and you two were them cuddling. It has been silence for a while, until he broke it and said this.

"Did you know you talked in your sleep?" Bucky asked.

"Uh..." You had to think for a second.  "No. No ones told me that before. Did I wake you up?"

"Oh, no. I just happened to wake up when you were talking last night,"

"Do you remember what I said?"

He paused and started to blush.

You laughed at him, "oh, you're blushing! You have to tell me what I said,"

He took a few seconds and then said,

"You were saying 'I love you',"

You gave him wide eyes for a second, and then your own cheeks grew red.

"Well, if it makes you feel better, I love you, too."

You smiled at him, kissed him, and then cuddled into him.

"I love you, too,"

----

And that when it happened. It wasn't anything special. But it was weirdly romantic and you both will remember it.

A/N - Hope you enjoyed! Feel free to request!