Moments

BUCKY POV

I sat behind her, layered in blankets. Together, in soft pajamas, surrounded by fairy lights, we cuddled as music softly played. It was complete tranquillity.

We have been together for a while now, and this was a usual activity in the middle of winter. It was always such a relief from all the stress in our lives, as well as a time to just spend time with each other without any other distractions.

We stayed still and silent in the soft fabric and lighting surrounding, but soon enough we were getting hungry. So, I grabbed my phone to order some food, mainly so we wouldn't have to get up for a while.

--

After minutes of convincing her to get up so I could go to the door when the food was going to arrive, we threw the blankets off, almost instantly becoming cold again.

But eating the warm, fresh baked pizza helped immensely.

And as soon as we finished and quickly cleaned up, we were back in our spots.

--

The music continued to play as snow was falling. Together we laid back, wrapped around each other. It was a moment out of fiction, but was all too real.

That was one of those moments.

It was a moment that I knew I could never forget. It would be one of those continuous pleasant memories, unmarred by the mind.

It was a time when I knew how much I loved her. I wanted to stay in my life and keep these moments routine.

It was the moment I knew I wanted her to marry me.

----

It was the next morning, and I walked through the newly fallen snow to a jewelry store nearby. It was quaint, and I thought I would find the right ring there.

A small bell rang above my head and an old woman came out from behind the register.

I explained the kind of ring I wanted: something different, maybe old, maybe just a different shape or color. She smiled, knowing of a few.

She walked around to find the tray, smiled, and brought it back over.

I searched through the small rows, only one or two catching my eye as I looked.

Then, in the last row, one stood out.

It didn't look like a wedding ring, but it seemed to fit what I wanted to a point.

"Ah, this girl is very lucky."

----

That night, we repeated the blankets and pajamas, but I made a meal instead. I thought it should be a little more personal for that night.

It was all perfect, the lights filling the room, the music is quiet and romantic, and the mood was flawless.

--

After we had finished everything, I stood by the window, looking out to the quiet night. I stood there until she joined me.

I looked to her and smiled, trying to ready myself for the next moment. But she didn't notice, and just continued to look outside.

I knelt down to one knee, and cleared my throats to get her attention.

She turned, expecting to see my face above. I smiled as she tilted her head and her face grew into shock.

"(Y/N), I love you and have loved you for the longest time. It finally sparked that I wanted to marry you yesterday, as we sat together under the blankets. I wanted that moment to last forever, and I realized I want to be in the rest of my life. You are my soulmate, and I don't want to ever lose you." I took a breath. "Will you marry me?" I pulled out the box and opened it.

She stood there, the same shock, but now furiously nodding her head. She knelt down in front of me and took my face in her hands.

"I would marry you any day."

We kissed gently, yet with a passion that mirrored the emotions of the room.

We pulled apart and I took the ring to slip onto her finger.

She smiled towards it, and took that hand in mine. I placed a kiss on her hand, realizing it was another one of those moments.

A/N - Hello! I want to thank you all for waiting so patiently for an update. I've just had so much school and college stuff that I couldn't think about writing. But, I have winter break now and I have planned out some stories!

I hope you enjoyed this one, and I hope if you celebrate anything this week, that you enjoy it!

PS - I love this version of this song, Warmth by Bastille, thought it would go pretty well with the story!