Well, That Would Be Nice

A/N - Guess who's back?

Hello again! I am back (finally) with a request that has waited forever from @pugsaresohotrightnow . This will be a longer one, and different from some other one shots. There won't be any romance in this one, but I hope you all will still like it!

Enjoy!

The United States has recently entered World War II and Captain America and the Howling Commandos have been off taking down HYDRA and saving as many people as they can. They have strong morals of saving everyone, no matter of their political views, race, sexuality, and any differences; they just believe everyone deserves a chance. This includes a German communist named Izzy.

----

(IN THE ACTION)

Izzy was tied up to a post, ready to be killed by a firing squad who believed she was a communist. They were right, but the Howling Commandos saw no difference, she needed to be saved from being killed like this. They came in from behind and right before the order was sent to shoot her. Punching their way through, they were able to stop the execution from happening, thus leaving Izzy very confused.

Before she could really do anything, a pair of hands lifted the blindfold off her face and another pair untied her from the post. She dropped with a wave of relief, thankful to whoever it was that saved her. She stood to see a man covered in the American flag, standing next to some other men. She didn't want to thank them because of that, but her true morals told her to thank them.

In a thick German accent, "Thank you, I was honestly ready for death."

"It's no problem, it's what we do," said one of the other men. "We save anyone who needs it. Now, do you have anywhere to go?"

"Uh, not really. I don't have any family and I don't have my own home."

"Well, we can take you some place you'll be safe we'll make you a family," the man said with a friendly smile.

"Well, that would be nice," Izzy smiled back.

----

In a helicopter, all the men introduced themselves. The one who was talking was named Bucky Barnes, the one in the flag is Steve Rogers, otherwise known as Captain America (which made sense), and the rest were named Dum Dum Dugan, Gabe Jones, Jim Morita, James Falsworth, and Jacques Dernier. They were all so pleasant toward her and made her feel actually important. The communist part of her was compressed in her mind and she just wanted to forget about that. These people made her happy and that's all that matter.

----

Izzy was brought to the SSR to be safe. With the commandos, especially Steve and Bucky, she felt like she was where she was meant to be. She became such good friends with almost everyone there. Steve, Bucky, and Peggy set up a place in New York for her to live. They all would visit her, and vice versa, and Izzy became great friends with them all.

She wanted to help as much as she could, so she'd volunteer every once in a while to help with what she knew about Germany and all the communist connections she had. She was very valuable to everyone at SSR. But, she would only go when her friends were there, because otherwise she wouldn't be heard.

So they would always contact her when they were in town, and she'd go down to the SSR and help out.

Izzy was where she was meant to be.

----

The Commandos had gone on a mission to take down a piece of HYDRA, so Izzy had gone home. It was nice to just relax, but a few days later she had received a call.