The Box of Bucky

(Thanks to @wait_what_why and @_baller_2020_ for the ideas! Also, this is connected to when they visited the exhibit a bit, so they're dating and have seen the museum, but enjoy!)

Since the Captain America exhibit opened at the Smithsonian, they had gotten a lot of Steve and Bucky's personal items. They couldn't use it all, so Steve had asked them for anything they could give back to him. The museum complied and sent a few boxes to Steve.

It was mainly journals, some clothes, and some other little things. But, there was a lot of Bucky's things. So Steve gave it to him to look through. As well as Bucky, you were curious as to what they didn't put on display.

So Steve gave him the box, and let you and Bucky search through it.

----

You were both sitting on his bed at the tower with the box between you two.

"Ready?" You asked him.

"Yeah, I mainly want to see what they had,"

And with that, he opened the box and began to pull things out.

----

The first few things were some old documents, like his draft card, and a few pictures. He smiled at some of them and decided he wanted to have them either on the walls or in frames. So he set those aside.

Next was an outfit.

"Oh my god! This was my first outfit I got as a soldier,"

"You should try it on," you gave a little smirk and he got up and went to the bathroom to change.

----

While he was in the bathroom, you continued to search through the box. There wasn't anything super exciting to you, but at the bottom you found his old dog tags. You pulled them out and examined them. They were amazing to you, just knowing how old they were but how they still looked pretty new.

Still feeling the tags and looking carefully at them, Bucky came out in his outfit.

You looked up and a gave him a huge grin.

"Well, it still fits, for the most part."

"Oh my god," you dragged out, "Bucky, that's so cool. Kind of glad they sent that back." You said, still smiling. You couldn't help but love a man in uniform.

"Yeah, me too, I kind of like it." He noticed a chain falling out of your hand. "What's that?"

"Oh," you opened your hand for him, "it's your old dog tags."

You saw the look of memories flashing in front of him when he saw them. He gently grazed his finger over it and grabbed them.

"Wow," he said quietly, "I have no idea how they found these."

"Me neither, but I'm surprised the didn't put them on display, they're cool," you said.

He noticed the way you looked at them. "Do you want them?"

"What? No, I couldn't. You should really have them,"

"No, I want you to have them. Call it a gift. I don't know what I'd do with them. But you really seem to like them, and I want you to keep them." He opened the loop and placed them around your head and they laid perfectly on your chest.

"Thank you, Bucky." You smiled and brought him into a hug.

"Anything for you," he said within the hug.

You kissed him, gently yet passionately. "Now, come on, soldier. Let's see what else there is," you grabbed his hand and led him back to the bed to continue exploring the box, hearing more stories, laughing, kissing, cuddling, and enjoying exploring his past.

A/N - Hope you liked it! Feel free to request!