Oblivious

A/N - for @StephanieNairne1 . A fun little request for tonight!

Also, this was based off of a one shot by tadashi-targaryen (I think that's right.) And I just realized I never put this disclaimer in here.

It had been a while since everyone was at the complex. Either someone was on vacation, or someone was on a mission, or some other excuse.

But tonight was finally a night everyone could just hang out, relax, maybe play some games, maybe watch some movies. Whatever they did didn't matter, it was just nice for everyone to be together again.

And for Kiara, this was finally a chance to meet everyone. Even though she had worked at the complex for over a year, she wasn't able to meet everyone. She worked tirelessly with the medical bay. But it was finally a night she could relax.

----

For Bucky, it was nice to relax with everyone, especially Kiara.

He met her when he was rushed into the medical bay after a huge firefight, and he has grown fonder and fonder of her ever since.

Every time he went to the med bay, he would try his best to see her, but that wasn't always possible. And he has always wanted to ask her out, but he was too scared of the rejection that was possible. So tonight was a good chance to spend some time with her and maybe see if she likes him.

----

Tonight they ended up just playing music, messing around, and getting just a little drunk.

At one point, Bucky was dancing terribly and laughing hysterically with Kiara when someone whistled.

"Oh! Look at the lovebirds go," Natasha yelled.

Kiara and Bucky looked at each other, confused.

"C'mon, aren't they meant to be?" Yelled back Tony. Everyone around them laughed.

Now the two of them took their own steps back, even more worried.

"It's okay, guys! We all know you like each other, we don't care! It's not like it's forbidden or anything," Sam reassured.

But to the two of them, it didn't help.

----

The next day, Kiara had to go to another room to work on someone when she saw Bucky down the hall.

"Aw sh..." She whispered to herself as she ducked her head and turned down another hall.

She exhaled when she heard the footsteps pass her, not realizing Bucky, too, was embarrassed.

She did like him, but was afraid that he didn't feel the same way, so she didn't want to confront it.

----

The second day after the little incident, Bucky was staring at a tablet while walking down a hall, not going anywhere specific.

He was able to avoid bumping into most people, except the one person he didn't want to see.

"Oh, I'm so sorry..." He said as he looked up to see Kiara. "Uh, sorry I have to go..." He stated nervously as he pushed past her.

She turned to watch him walk away, but didn't do anything about it.

----

After about a week of avoiding each other, Kiara finally decided to say something. All she needed to do was find Bucky, which shouldn't be that hard because she kept running into him this last week.

----

Bucky realized he should just do something. He really did like her, but didn't know how she felt. So he decided to just go down to the med bay and confront her.

----

Kiara searched most of the complex for Bucky, but gave up about an hour after to head back to work.

Where she was greeted by Bucky.

"Bucky, I've been looking all over for you,"

"And I've been waiting for you, to do this,"

He said before surprising her with a kiss. It was passionate yet chaste, like it has waited forever.

Once they broke away, they coauthor their breaths.

"I'm sorry, I just... I've just waited so long to do that,"

"So have I," she said, smiling up to him. He smiled back, knowing what those three words meant.

After a few seconds, they broke away laughing.

"It was that obvious to the others?" Kiara asked between laughs.

"Are we just that oblivious?" Bucky asked back.

"Oh, God. I don't even know." Kiara said, her laughing dying down.

"Well, I'm glad we became a little less oblivious, but still," Bucky smiled.

"Me too, maybe later we just have to be more straightforward,"

A/N - Hope you enjoyed that! More requests coming your way soon!

Also, 61K views and 2K likes!?!?!?!?! Oh my god you guys! I can't believe you. I love you all ❤️