Surprise, Surprise

What he would do to surprise you

(If you read both, you know that I'm doing the same thing as my Pietro one shot, but I kind of like this, but I hope you enjoy this one as well! Also, this is set after he's gotten out of hydra and with the avengers. So he's had time alone and he lives at the tower now)

Bucky wasn't much for surprises. He did them every once in a while, but he also loved routines. They worked and they were cute to him. But, he needed to change it up.

So he did this.

"Hey, (Y/N), do you want to do something this weekend?"

"Sure, I'd love to!" You said, expecting the plan.

"Okay, just get a few outfits together, normal outfits. And we'll do it," he said with a slight smirk on his face.

You gave a confused look to him, but decided to just go along with it. So you got a few outfits packed and a few other things you thought you might need, and was ready for the weekend.

----

It began with a road trip. You still didn't know where you were going, but you didn't ask. He knew, so you weren't worried.

It ended at a park. It looked normal, but he asked you to grab your things and follow him.

It was a long path, but after about a half an hour, you saw a cabin. And behind it, a beach.

He looked at you to see your reaction, and it didn't disappoint. It was a combination of happiness, shock, love, and wonderment. God was Bucky glad he did this.

----

After spending two days and nights, you needed to drive back. You were sad and you told him, but he said the surprises weren't over.

----

Once close to the Avengers Tower, he made a different turn. You were about to ask, but you remembered that he had more surprises.

He began to talk then :

"So, I wanted to show you were I used to live and basically what my life was like. Where we are going now is where I used to live. Then we'll stop by where I went to school, hung out, and some other major things that were part of my life. Of course, only if you want to."

"Oh, of course, Bucky. I'm curious about what you were like," you said with a smile, "wait, can I ask what the cabin was?"

"The cabin was where I was after HYDRA. I don't know how I found it, but it was perfect for my situation. It was secluded and abandoned, so I could be hidden easily. I have wanted to go back for a while, just to see it again, because it is beautiful there, but I thought it'd be nice to bring you. It doesn't have the greatest memories, but I thought we could make some there and make a better place."

You smiled at what he said. It was romantic, the "wanting new memories" part. You kissed him, to show your happiness and love.

After that, the two of you went on the tour of Bucky's past life.

Bucky was so sweet, perfect, romantic, and apparently full of surprises.

(I know I do the "Bucky's old life" thing, but wouldn't you be curious?)

A/N - hope you enjoyed and feel free to request!