I Already Know

A/N - Hello! So I've discovered that writing helps me to distress, so that's why I've been writing more lately. So, it's great for everyone! (hopefully!)

Anyway, this one is inspired by a certain tv show, but I don't want to ruin the story! So I'll talk about it more at the end.

Enjoy!

Bucky had been away on a mission for over a month now. The two of you talked over the phone and other ways, but it just wasn't enough. You felt lonely without him there.

----

You had been in a relationship for almost two years. It was serious, and both of you felt like you found your soulmates. So over a FaceTime you had with Bucky, you discussed buying a home. Yes, you both loved the Tower, but you two needed a private space. All you wanted was a small apartment, still in the city and close to the Tower.

So while Bucky was still in his mission, you went on your own mission to find a home.

----

Because of the area the tower was in, there were few apartments available. With your realtor, you explored the three places.

The first one was small and pretty basic with only one big room and a small bathroom to the side. It was pretty cheap compared to New York City prices, but didn't feel right.

The second one was bigger, with separate rooms. It was just a little more expensive, but didn't have a view or any other perks.

The last one though. It was a loft style, on the top floor of the building. Taller ceilings, multiple rooms, a view, but was a bit farther away than you wanted. It was a reasonable price for New York living, so the only problem was the slight distance, just over 3 miles. Which, now that you think of it, was not bad at all for the two of you to get to the tower.

"Wow, this place is perfect! I think I want to lease this flat," you said to your realtor.

"Great! I'll send in the offer now, because this place is amazing, so we'll need to get our offer," she exclaimed.

----

That night you FaceTimed Bucky.

"Bucky! I found an apartment and sent in an offer to lease it!" You yelled at him as soon as he answered.

His smile grew to brighten up his whole face. "Really?"

"Yes! Hold on, I'll text you some pictures I took of the apartment..."

After moments of silence, his face lit up even more.

"(Y/N)! This place is perfect!"

"I know! And it's a good price, just 3 miles away, and just an amazing space!" You couldn't stop smiling, just thinking of you possible future home.

"I'm so glad you found something, (Y/N). I can't wait to get home to see you and the apartment."

"Me too, I miss you so much,"

"I miss you too," he turned away to talk to someone else. "I'm so sorry, (Y/N). But I have to go. I love you so much and I can't wait to see you in person."

"I love you too. Don't hurt yourself out there."

"That's a little late for that,"

"What?!"

"I'm kidding, couldn't help myself. Okay, now I really gotta go. I love you!"

"I love you too!"

----

BUCKY'S POV

As soon as he closed the computer, he followed Steve out of the helicarrier.

"Okay, we have to find a store."

"Is there even anything around here?"

"Of course, I had to come here once. The city is just over a mile from here, I think there are a few stores around the city."

----

"That one. It is absolutely perfect. Perfect for her." He smiled as he looked at it, imagining what will happen.

----

YOUR POV

Your offer was accepted, so you had to return to the apartment to sign the papers and make sure everything was up to code.

After the building's inspectors confirmed nothing was wrong, you turned to ask your realtor a question, but turned to Bucky.

"Oh my god! I didn't know you were already coming home! What are you doing here?" You had so many questions, like why he was in a suit and why he was here in general.

"Because I need to do this." He said as he lowered down to one knee.

"Oh my god.." You said a little quieter than before. "What are you doing?"

"(Y/N), ever sense I met you, I felt something. At first I didn't know what it was, but I soon discovered it was love. I never thought I would be loved after everything I did, but once you came around, that all changed. You changed me. My life became so much better than it was. I love you with everything I have and I don't think that will ever change. So if you will," he pulled the box out from behind his back and opened it to reveal a ring, "will you marry me?"

You were both tearing up, you just couldn't help it.

To answer his question, you nodded and smiled. You cupped his face and brought him up to your level. With his hands around your waist, he pulled you in closer to him. You kept your hands on his face and the most passionate kiss you ever experienced was happening. You could both feel the tears within the kiss, but you both didn't care. You were too in love to care.

----

As you broke away, your bodies stayed closed and you couldn't help but smile. You laughed a little as he pulled the box in front of you, pulled the ring out, and slipped it onto your finger.

"James Buchanan Barnes..." You stared at the ring. "I don't even know what to say." You looked back up to him.

"You don't need to say anything," he smiled. "I already know."

A/N - So yeah! Another proposal! I just love love and couldn't help myself. (I wish I could find love though. I just have my own Bucky.)

Anyway, this was inspired by Parks and Recreation; with Ben and Leslie's proposal. I just thought it would work perfectly with Bucky and reader.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed! I love writing really romantic stories, so this gave me all the feels.