Don't Overthink It

A/N - Request for @mychemicallpotatoes

YOOOO GUESS WHO SAW CIVIL WAR LAST NIGHT

(So because I saw it, I wanted to write some stuff, but first, I'm going to do this request. After this one, I'll work on some civil war pieces and then a prom on, because my schools prom is tonight and guess who's not going)

Anyway, enjoy!

Ever since Pietro came around, Mak had tried to make him feel more comfortable around the complex. Everyday they talked, and grew closer each time. While nothing romantic was happening, because Mak was dating Bucky, Bucky was becoming more nervous and jealous each day.

Soon, all Mak could talk about was Pietro and all she did was hang out with him. At first Bucky was completely fine with it. He knew that Mak was social and wanting to help anyone, but soon she became less attached to Bucky. He didn't want to be jealous because he knew she loved him, but it was just an innate reaction.

----

One day, after a few months of Pietro living in the complex, Bucky headed to the living room for some quiet time.

But once he walked in, he grew angry.

"Well, it looks like you two want some privacy," Bucky stated just before he stormed back out of the room.

Mak and Pietro was cuddling in the couch, watching some movie. Pietro and Mak were both scared, mainly because they weren't aware Bucky was in the room.

"Bucky, wait!" Mak yelled and she ran out of the room, not even looking toward or caring about Pietro in that moment.

Once Bucky could hear footsteps, he simply said without turning around, "I understand if you don't want me anymore." He couldn't face her while saying that.

"Bucky, please. You know I love you and I don't want to leave you. He's just a friend," she stated sadly, trying to wrap her arms around his torso.

But he stepped forward, forcing himself away from her touch.

"Then why did I find you two cuddling? Why is he the only thing you talk about? Why do I never get to see you anymore?" He said, trying to stay strong but his heart was slowly breaking.

"Look, I understand now that it looked bad. But I was just cold. And I've just been trying to make him feel comfortable around here. And I didn't realized I talked about him that much, in all honesty."

"It's been months now! Does he really still need to get used to this place?"

"Well no, but now we're just good friends, that's it. Please Bucky, if you love me and trust me as much as I do with you, you would know that I could never leave you. Please." She gave him a look of sympathy.

He sighed, realizing this all wasn't worth it.

"Oh, God. I'm sorry, I do trust you and love you. I just can't help it when I saw what was happening."

Bucky took a step closer, and leaned in for a gentle kiss.

----

When they broke away, he whispered a barely audible "I'm sorry." Mak smiled, not wanting to get upset and him getting upset.

"I really am sorry. I promise I'll try to spend more time with you now. But just know, I'm still going to be friends with Pietro. I'll just touchiness between us, and leave that between the two of us." Mak smirked.

"I'm okay with that," Bucky smiled back.

A/N - I hope you enjoyed! Sorry it's short, I just come up with enough.