Strength

A/N - Enjoy!

Song: Shape of You - Ed Sheeran

Warning : Cursing

Another day at the gym, which is actually everyday at the gym. He goes to get away from everything, as it also works to keep up his strength. Bucky stays in the weight lifting area, only drifting to the treadmills every so often. But as of recently, he has discovered someone.

He only sees her pass by at certain times. Coming and going, never in the machines. As he sees her more and more, he grows desperate to see who she is and where she goes. Which one day, fate was on his side.

As he was walking toward the showers, she walked into the gym. She stopped at the front for a few moments, and then was off toward the back of the gym. He watched her, waiting for her to reach her destination.

Once she disappeared from view, he followed her tracks.

He came upon a room, an open studio. Other people had come in from another entry, and were claiming spots with mats.

Once his realization set in, a new twist came.

She stood in front, and began to lead the class in sun salutations and complicated poses.

The realization fully set in, and he began to register how it would go if he wanted to talk to her.

----

The next day, he decided to investigate the schedule for the next class. Noticing a class tomorrow afternoon, he told himself to go. He figured it was yoga, it would be easy enough for him.

He realized later how wrong his assumption was.

----

He walked to the room confidently after a small regular workout, figuring it would be a good warm up. As he entered, he watched the many other students doing other small warmup, or simply sitting and breathing. It was a situation he was not completely ready for.

Once he snapped back into it, he tried to copy what others were doing. Searching the room for a mat, others watched him in his confusion. Luckily for him, someone pointed toward a basket full of mats. He nodded toward them, and went to grab one. He unfurled it in the back corner.

He set his stuff back in a cubby and began to follow the actions of others. He sat in a crossed leg position, not really knowing what he was doing.

Soon enough, she entered, relieving Bucky from his position. She set everything down quickly, and got right into a quick introduction to the day, getting consent for the savasana at the end, and began the flow.

--

At first, he found it simple enough to follow along. But as it got more complicated, he struggled. He wasn't that flexible or limber. But, he kept going, trying to persevere. As the flow kept moving into these complicated poses, he was losing his breath and strength. The truth punched him in the face: yoga was fucking hard.

--

Finally, it was time for the class to end with savasana. He could catch his breath and just lay there. Finally relaxed, the teacher was coming around to everyone, offering essential oil and a small massage. It took a while for her to get to him, being in a back corner. He figured it would be nice to get the massage, and he was glad he was thinking ahead. It was one of the hardest workouts he has ever done, and he needed the relaxation.

Soon he smelled the lavender and he began to sink to the floor. The massage caused his muscles to relax, and so he released his tension. He forgot about the soreness, which would make it so much worse the next day.

--

She soon announced that they were free to go when they were ready, so Bucky was up within a few seconds. He was ready to get out of there and nurse his muscles back at home. He rolled up hugs mat and threw it back in the basket and went to his cubby and packed up everything.

"This is your first class," a voice stated, becoming longer as they stepped closer.

"Yeah," he said, turning around to see the face to match the voice. It was her, the instructor.

"Well, might I suggest starting with the beginners' class? It would give you the basics and build up your strength. I'm guessing it was hard to start with a 2 hour long advanced class," she said, with a hint of sass and sarcasm behind her voice.

Oh god. He stifled a laugh, trying to hide his embarrassment and surprise.

"Don't worry, it's on Mondays and Wednesdays, so you have the weekend to recover. Also don't worry because I'm the only yoga teacher currently," she said with a smirk and she walked away and talked to some of the others students.

His eyes followed her for a few moments, stuck in a trance. Suddenly a door closed, forcing him back into reality. He gathered his things, and waved a thank you to a seemingly unknowing teacher. But she saw, keeping it with her.

--

As he left the studio in pain, he made the decision to practice yoga. Partially because of her, and partially because he wanted the challenge. He went to the gym's store and bought a yoga mat, as well as some rollers and other things to help the pain.

----

The next few weeks, Bucky goes to the beginners class every time there is one. His body was more prepared for it this time, being simpler flows and poses, as well as him becoming stronger in yoga.

As well as his strength, he has gained more confidence in talking to her, no matter how intimidating she might be, through her strength and wit. He tries to talk to her every time after class, but she has her own priorities.

----

Soon enough, with going to multiple classes, she approached him, to his surprise.

"You've gained strength." She simply states.

"Yeah, thanks to you," he tries to make her laugh. She barely smirks.

"I think you should move up, you should start challenging your body again."

"Really?"

"Yeah, if you want to get stronger, you can't keep doing the same thing. Plus, I teach all the classes, so you can still admire me from a distance."

His cheeks involuntarily grew red. His eyes went wide with embarrassment and shock.

She laughed at the reaction. "Yeah, you're not great at hiding it."

He simply looked down, trying to hide the blood that had rushed to his face.

"But, luckily I'm great at hiding my looks." He looks up in bewilderment. "Being a teacher really helps with that."

"Oh?" Bucky responds quietly.

She smiles. "I can tell you've been wanting to ask me out, but I've been making you wait. Having a big class assists that."

Still, from the shock, Bucky has no idea how to continue the conversation.

"Uh, okay," she looks to him, waiting for a question. "Do you want to go out sometime? Maybe just to a café after class?"

She smirks. "I've been waiting for that question."

He smiles at her snarky response, happy to know the feelings are requited.

"Wait, I don't even know your name."

"Don't worry, you'll find out soon enough."

A/N - I've finally finished this one: I started it almost a month ago. I just couldn't get into it, but I still loved the idea. Might end up fixing it up later.

Currently working on two other stories, and I wanted a motivation for which one to do first. So, a vote:

Fate or Destiny?

Hope you enjoyed this one!