Big Scares

Dedicated to @ilovepietroandbucky

Halloween night and Bucky and Caroline wanted to go out. They couldn't really go treat or treating, so the next best thing was a haunted house. Caroline wasn't super excited to do it, but Bucky convinced her by saying "I'll protect you and it won't be that scary." So, she obliged with Bucky and went to the closest haunted house.

When they got there, there was a pretty long line, but it was moving pretty fast. They went to the back of it, and waited. This waiting made Caroline even more nervous. It may have also been the people she saw coming out of it still looking scared and paranoid.

----

They got to the front of the line. They were let in with a group of six other people, escorted to a waiting area. It was the beginning of the "tour" and it was making her a even bigger nervous wreck. She held onto Bucky, telling him that he can't leave her at all.

"Don't worry! I'll be right in front or behind you the whole time."

----

They were in the middle of the group when the tour began. Caroline stopped clinging onto him, knowing that he will be there. It wasn't too bad at first, a few little jump scares, but nothing horrible.

Until Bucky was taken.

Apparently, every group they take one person to go on a different route to freak everyone else out.

And Caroline realized this when there was a hand that grabbed her ankle. She screamed and reached out for a Bucky that wasn't there. Which made her scream more.

She kicked off the hand and began to run through the house to find him. Why did they have to do this?

----

When Bucky was taken, he was told to be quiet and just go along. His track wasn't scary, but he would get to scare his group at some point. He was fine with it, but it did scare him when he was first taken out of the group.

But while walking down the path, he heard a certain girl screaming. He knew it was Caroline and laughed to himself. 'Probably just some scare' he thought.

But then it continued.

And then his name was heard.

"BUCKY?!"

Now she's really scared.

He began to run down the trail and searched for her.

Once at the end of his separate path, he ran into another body. He looked up at the face and discovered it was Caroline.

"Oh thank god," he said, letting out a sigh of relief.

She threw herself around him.

"I had no idea what happened to you! I went to reach for your hand and it wasn't there and I freaked and..." She was running out of breath.

"It's okay. I'm here now." He reassured her. "Do you want to go home?"

She nodded.

"Okay, let's go. There you'll know I'll be there. Come on," he said, lifting her up in the marriage style, to promise that he will protect her.

----

They got home and laid on the couch together. With Bucky behind Caroline, he just made her feel as safe as he could.

"You okay now?" He asked.

"Yeah, much better now." She smiled and turned her head so he could see it.

"Good, and I'm sorry I made you do it, I didn't know that was going to happen. You know I would never do it on purpose though."

"I know. I love you."

"I love you too."

He squeezed her in closer, using himself as a shield for her. They fell asleep there, she wanted the protection for the night.

A/N Hope you enjoyed! Feel free to request more!