Chapter 54: What Is She Running From?

But then, as they neared the exit, Mi-Rae's eyes locked onto a blue car parked nearby. Her body stiffened, her face drained of colour, and she froze in place.

JK noticed instantly, turning back to face her.

Jungkook: "Babe, what's wrong?" He followed her gaze, looking towards the blue car, concern filling his voice. "What is it? Who's in that car?"

Mi-Rae:  Pulled her hand free from his grasp, her voice shaky. "You have to leave. Please, just go away."

Jungkook: "Babe, I'm not leaving without you. What's going on? Tell me."

Mi-Rae's voice wavered, her panic rising. "Please, JK. Just listen to me and go."

JK took a step closer, his brows furrowed, clearly not understanding.

Jungkook: "I'm not going anywhere without you. What's going on? Who's in that car?"

Without warning, Mi-Rae pushed him away, her fear taking over. She darted past him, running toward a blue car parked across the street. Without another word, she got into the car, leaving JK standing there, stunned and confused, watching her disappear behind the tinted windows.

His mind raced with questions, his heart pounding in his chest as he tried to make sense of what had just happened. Something was clearly wrong, and JK wasn't about to let it go without finding out why.

The next day, Mi-Rae was walking to her class when JK appeared out of nowhere, catching her by surprise. He reached out, taking her hand gently, and began walking with her.

Mi-Rae: "JK, what are you doing?"

JK didn't say a word. He just continued walking, leading her toward the library. As soon as they entered, he closed the door behind them with a definitive click.

Mi-Rae: "JK, what's going on? Why did you bring me here?"

Jungkook’s silence spoke volumes. He approached her, and she instinctively backed up until her back hit the wall.

Jungkook: "Why did you run away yesterday? Who are you scared of? I’ve been waiting for you to accept me. There must be another reason why you haven’t."

Mi-Rae: She looked down, her voice barely audible. "I don’t love you."

Jungkook: His eyes darkened with pain and frustration. "Don’t lie to me, Mi-Rae."

Jungkook: "Tell me why you’re hiding your feelings."

Mi-Rae: "I’m not hiding anything. I don’t love you. I never did."

Jungkook: " There's someone in the car? Who are they?"

Mi-Rae: "There’s no one."

Jungkook: "Mi-Rae, I hate liars. Don’t lie to me."

Hearing him use her name so seriously for the first time was a jolt to her system. It felt deeply personal and painfully intimate, making her emotions surge and her heart ached with every word.

Mi-Rae: Her voice wavered. "I’m not lying. I don’t love you."

Jungkook closed the distance between them until only a few inches separated their lips.

Mi-Rae closed her eyes, her heart racing, but after a tense moment, Jungkook stepped back.

Jungkook: "If you don’t love me, why didn’t you stop me from kissing you? Why didn’t you slap me like you did the first time?"

Tears brimmed in Mi-Rae’s eyes, overwhelmed by the intensity of her feelings.

Jungkook: "I thought you trusted me. But now I see you don’t."

With that, Jungkook walked to the door, pausing to look back.

Jungkook: "Come to me when you’re ready to talk. Until then, I won’t disturb you."

He left her alone in the library, her heart aching with confusion and unresolved emotions.

As the library door clicked shut behind Jungkook, Mi-Rae felt her legs weaken. She slid down the wall, her hands trembling as she hugged her knees tightly to her chest. The silence in the room felt unbearable, and her emotions came crashing down on her, suffocating her with guilt and pain. His words echoed relentlessly in her mind, "I thought you trusted me."

Her chest tightened, tears now streaming down her face, and she buried her head in her arms. She wanted to scream, to undo everything that had just happened.

Minutes later, the library door swung open. Yae-Jin rushed in alarmed by the state she found her in.

 Yae-Jin rushed in alarmed by the state she found her in

To be continued!!!!!

Guys, please vote and support me🗳!!!

Please follow me on Instagram 🤗!!!!