Chapter 7: Secrets in the Courtyard

Both Jimin and V tensed up, exchanging anxious glances.

"Let me see who it is," Jimin whispered. V nodded in agreement, and Jimin cautiously approached the door. He opened it to find Yuna standing there.

They both exhaled in relief.

Jimin: In a low voice, "Yuna, what are you doing here at this hour?"

Yuna: "I just wanted to tell you both to be safe and come back soon," she replied.

Jimin:  He hugged her tightly and kissed her forehead. "Don't worry, we'll be fine," he assured her. Turning back to V, and said, "Let's go."

V nodded and gave a soft smile to Yuna as they set off into the night.

Upon reaching the palace, Jimin and V successfully infiltrated the grounds during the festival, their hearts racing with both excitement and nervousness. They found themselves in a quiet courtyard tucked away from the festivities, surrounded by ornate statues and fragrant blossoms.

Jimin:  glanced around nervously. "Okay, we're in. Now what?"

V: Grinned mischievously. "Let's blend in with the palace workers. They won't suspect a thing if we act like we belong here."

Jimin:  raised an eyebrow skeptically. "And how do we do that?"

 V:  "Easy" replied with a wink. "We'll find some spare workers' clothes, We can move around more freely once we're dressed like palace attendants."

They scoured the nearby storage rooms until they found suitable garments. Jimin struggled with the fit of his borrowed attire, while V adjusted his with ease.

V: "Now we look the part," he remarked, admiring himself in a mirror.

Jimin:  chuckled nervously. "I feel ridiculous. How are we supposed to find these symbols book?"

V: casually, "We'll figure it out as we go, Jimin. Just keep your eyes peeled."

As they wandered through the palace corridors, 

Jimin:  stared at the status around them. "I never imagined we'd end up sneaking around like this."

V: Smiled. "Life's full of surprises, Jimin. Just stay close and act natural."

They made their way to the palace library, hoping to find clues among the ancient tomes and scrolls. Along the way, V overheard snippets of conversation about a recent mysterious man and her lost hairpin.

As Jimin and V made their way towards the palace library, V's ears tuned to the conversations echoing through the corridors. V caught snippets of dialogue between the mysterious woman and her companion, spoken in hushed tones.

 V caught snippets of dialogue between the mysterious woman and her companion, spoken in hushed tones

Girl: What's been occupying your thoughts lately?

Mysterious woman: My thoughts? Nothing much.

Girl: then "Why did you help him? He could be dangerous," she questioned.

Mysterious woman: "He looked so sad and hungry. I couldn't turn him away," I replied softly. "There's something about him... something that drew me to him like a moonlight"

Girl: "So that's why you've been sneaking out of the palace to see him again, and even lost your hairpin in the process?" girl deduced.

 Mysterious woman She sighed sadly, her voice tinged with regret. "ahhhh My hairpin... My father bought it for me when he was impressed with my "gayageum" instrument skills (refers to a traditional Korean string instrument.)

Meanwhile, V attempted to discreetly peek through a small hole in the window and caught sight of the woman with her back turned. He was captivated by the melodious quality of her voice as she conversed.

V's heart raced as he realized this was the same woman who had once shown him kindness by offering food. His thoughts were interrupted when Jimin spotted someone sneaking into the kitchen and called V. 

Jimin said to V someone was acting suspiciously and then they both followed the unknown woman, who was covered completely and hid their face and head behind the cloth.

She took a small ceramic bottle from her pouch and poured its contents into the food.

Jimin: Whispered to V, "Usually, they carry herbal remedies or poison in bottles like that. I think someone might be in danger because she wouldn't sneak around like this if it were just an herbal medicine."

To be continued!!!!!Guys, please vote and support me🗳!!!Please follow me on Instagram 🤗!!!!