Chapter 78: Get lost

"Hey readers! If you're enjoying this story, be sure to check out my other one: Love for Hidden Face. I'd love to hear what you think!"

-------------------------------------------------------------

Tae winced as Na-Rae dabbed the handkerchief against his cut lip. Her hands were shaking, her face full of worry, but her eyes were filled with something deeper—something he couldn't ignore anymore. 

"You're always getting yourself hurt," she muttered, more to herself than to Tae, but her voice trembled with emotion. 

Tae: managed a lopsided smile, despite the pain. "What can I say, Minion? Maybe it's worth it... if you're the one taking care of me afterward."

Na-Rae: sighed, you dont take anything serious Tae continuing to clean his cut, her mind clearly somewhere else. Her fingers were gentle, though they shook slightly as she worked. Tae couldn't take his eyes off her.

As she finished and finally looked up, she noticed him staring.

Na-Rae: raised an eyebrow. "What are you looking at?"

Tae: smirked, his eyes softening. "It's worth getting hit by Minho."

Na-Rae: her brows furrowed in confusion. "Why?"

Tae: leaned in just a bit, his voice dropping to a softer tone. "So I can see you this close, worrying about me like this..."

Realizing just how close they were, Na-Rae's cheeks flushed. She quickly moved back a little, creating some distance between them. Tae chuckled at her reaction and sat up, stretching his arms.

Tae: "Do you know we were only gone for a few hours?"

Na-Rae: "Yeah... Yunji asked me why I came back early." She paused, remembering something. "What about your father?"

Tae: "He said he'd be gone for a day, so he should be back tomorrow. Once he's here, I'll talk to him about your hairpin, like we discussed."

Na-Rae nodded, feeling a mix of relief and nervousness. She'd been wanting to bring up the hairpin issue with Tae's father for a while now.

Na-Rae: "By the way, who was that guy calling me 'babe' earlier? And... what does 'babe' even mean?"

Tae let out a small laugh, shaking his head. "His name is Jungkook. His girlfriend, Mi-Rae, looks just like you, so it's just a nickname—kind of like how I call you 'Minion.'"

Na-Rae:  tilted her head, intrigued, as Tae explained further.

Tae: "Jungkook's been through a lot. He was deeply in love with Mi-Rae, but she's... missing. Disappeared. He's been looking for her everywhere, and every time he sees you, it reminds him of her."

Na-Rae: "I wish she's safe, wherever she is..."

Tae: nodded, his expression softening. "We all hope she is."

Na-Rae: stood up, brushing off her clothes. "I'll leave now."

Tae: "Alright, Minion. Let's head back."

They walked back to the others, and Na-Rae spotted Jungkook. She hesitated for a moment before walking over to him.

Na-Rae: "Don't worry, Jungkook. You'll find her."

Jungkook: gave her a weak smile, nodding. "Thank you."

Before leaving, Na-Rae said her goodbyes to everyone and hugged Yuna tightly.

Na-Rae: "I'll meet you all tomorrow. Tae told me about your plan, and I'll help Jungkook figure out ways to work in the palace."

Yuna: "bye Na-Rae."

With that, Na-Rae waved goodbye to the group and walked off, the weight of the day's emotions lingering in her chest. Meanwhile, Minho had already left, heading to Jimin's place. 

 Tae, Jungkook, and the others arrived at Jimin's house, the air filled with a mixture of relief and tension after the day's events. As they stepped inside, they found Minho sitting in the living room, quietly cleaning the cut on his cheek, still bruised from his earlier fight with Tae.

Tae, despite the tension between them, walked straight over to Minho with a broad grin and wrapped his arms around him in a tight hug.

Tae: "Thank you, man."

Minho froze for a second, his hands still holding the cloth he was using to clean his wound. With an annoyed expression, he shoved Tae off of him.

Minho: "Get lost!"

Tae stumbled back, laughing as he straightened up, clearly amused by Minho's usual prickly demeanor. Minho turned his attention back to his wound, grumbling under his breath.

Jungkook and Jimin, who were watching from the side, couldn't help but burst out laughing at the scene. Jungkook shook his head, grinning widely.

Jungkook: "You two are like an old married couple."

Jimin:  chuckled, leaning back against the doorframe. "Honestly, this is better than any drama I've watched."

Minho shot them both an icy glare but said nothing, continuing to dab at his wound. Tae just shrugged, still smiling.

Tae: "Come on, Minho. You know you love me deep down."

Minho: "Keep dreaming."

To be continued!!!!!

Guys, please vote and support me🗳!!!

Please follow me on Instagram 🤗!!!!