Chapter 2: The Midnight Journey

When he wakes up, he finds himself surrounded by people dressed in ancient attire on the seaside. They help him, but he's confused and unsure how he got there.

Local Villager: "You're safe now. We found you washed ashore."

Confused by the attire and unfamiliar language, he scans his surroundings and approaches a villager to ask where he is.

villager 1: you are in the Joseon Dynasty.

V:  A   Whatttttt!!!!!!

Villager 2: Let's move along, Villager 1. He seems strange. Just look at his attire, He is from a different place. He could be a threat to our king. We'll be in trouble if the palace guards catch us chatting with him.

V walks through unfamiliar streets, clutching the same book, miraculously dry despite his wet clothes. Unaware that he's being followed, he feels bewildered and hungry, eventually sitting on the roadside, head bowed and palm against his face. A passing girl silently leaves a bag of food beside him before moving on without a glance back.

V's POV: 

As I walk through these unfamiliar streets, fear and confusion spins unaware that someone is trailing behind me. How on earth did I end up here? It feels like I've stepped into another time. Everything looks ancient, yet here I am, holding this book that's miraculously dry despite my drenched clothes. Hunger gnaws at my stomach, distracting me. A passerby left a bag of food for me, surprising and grateful. I wanted to express my thanks and look up, but she disappeared too swiftly. Who was she?

Girl's POV: 

As I walk through the busy village, I hear people talking about a strange man who suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Curiously, I follow their whispers to where they found him. There, on the roadside, sits the stranger, looking lost and desperate. His clothes are different from ours, and there's something mysterious about him that catches my attention. Feeling sorry for him, I quietly leave a bag of food next to him, hoping it helps. I quickly walk away, wondering who he is and why he seems so out of place. But I'm too shy to talk to him directly. Maybe my small act of kindness will help him find his way.

??? POV: "Who is he?" I murmured to himself, curiosity piqued

??? POV: "Who is he?" I murmured to himself, curiosity piqued. "I've never seen someone dressed like that....they're unlike anyone from our kingdom.

If I present him to the court, perhaps I'll finally earn the recognition I deserve and be promoted to High-ranking guard. Yuan's father might even reconsider his opposition to my marriage with Yuna. My heart raced with ambition as I considered the possibilities that capturing this mysterious stranger could bring.

I approached the stranger cautiously, my hand naturally finding the hilt of my sword—a gesture of both caution and readiness. He stood out amidst the crowd, visibly anxious, and asked, "Who are you?"

???: "I should be asking you, replied sharply, with eyes narrowing with suspicion. "Why do you look so different? What are you wearing? why your language is unfamiliar to me."

"Please," V said, trying to calm his suspicion, "give me a moment to explain."

???:  Speak!!!

V:  "I'm from Seoul," V began earnestly. "It's the year 2022 where I come from. This attire," gesturing to his clothes, "is what we wear there. Last night, I fell asleep in my room, and when I woke up, I found myself here. I'm lost and confused. Your clothing suggests you work in the king's palace, and you seem knowledgeable. Can you help me find my way back home?"

??: My suspicion softened slightly and was replaced with a hint of excitement. "You think I'm intelligent?" His voice carried a mix of surprise and pride. "I suppose I am. But, "Yuna's father doesn't think I'm worthy of marrying her."

To be continued!!!!

Please Vote!!!!!!!!!