Chapter 75: Hidden Worries

Jungkook woke up early, the soft morning light streaming into the kitchen as he prepared breakfast. The smell of pancakes and coffee filled the air. As he flipped a pancake, he felt a pair of familiar arms wrap around his waist from behind. Mi-Rae had woken up and back-hugged him, resting her head on his back.

Jungkook smiled softly, leaning down to kiss her hand. "I'm going to miss you, babe," he said gently. "But it's just two days, and if everything wraps up early, I'll come back even sooner."

Mi-Rae didn't say anything, just nodded, but when Jungkook turned to face her, he noticed her eyes were filled with tears.

"Babe, please," he whispered, feeling his heart tighten at the sight of her tears. "I won't be able to leave if you cry like this. I'll be worried about you the whole time."

Mi-Rae kept her gaze down, her tears silently falling. Jungkook gently lifted her chin, his thumb brushing her cheek to wipe away the tears.

"If you cry, it hurts me too," he said softly. "It's just three days, and I'll be back before you know it."

Mi-Rae nodded again, this time wiping her own tears before wrapping her arms tightly around him. "I'm not crying anymore. Just... come back soon. I'll be waiting for you."

Jungkook kissed the top of her head and hugged her tightly. "I will, babe. I promise."

As he held her close, his mind raced. I can't tell her about the conversation I had with her uncle a few days ago, he thought, his brows furrowing slightly. I need to have a guard watch over her 24/7 without her knowing. I'll drop her at my mom's place, and my mom will be with her all the time. I can't let anything happen to her.

Breaking from his thoughts, Jungkook gently picked Mi-Rae up in his arms, carrying her upstairs. "Let's get ready, babe. I'll drop you at my mom's place before I leave. She's already waiting for you."

Mi-Rae rested her head on his shoulder, her sadness momentarily replaced by a playful smile as she started planting small kisses all over his face.

Jungkook laughed, the sound light and full of love. "What's this for?"

"I just love you," she said, kissing his cheek once more.

Jungkook grinned, his heart feeling lighter as he carried her up the stairs. They both knew the next few days apart would be hard, but their love felt stronger than any distance.

Jungkook and Mi-Rae arrived at his parents' home, where his father was already ready, waiting to head to the airport. His mother was standing by, a warm smile on her face, ready to welcome Mi-Rae.

As soon as they walked through the door, Jungkook's mom enveloped Mi-Rae in a loving hug, and Mi-Rae hugged her back, feeling a sense of comfort and family.

Jungkook's dad glanced at his watch. "Kookie, we've got five minutes before we leave. If you want to talk to her... you know... make it quick."

Jungkook nodded, then gently took Mi-Rae's hand. "Babe, I need to talk to you for a second."

He led her to their bedroom, closing the door behind them. He immediately wrapped her in a tight hug, his heart racing. Mi-Rae hugged him back, holding on just as tightly.

"Babe, you know I love you, right?" Jungkook asked, his voice soft but filled with emotion.

Mi-Rae looked up at him, confused by the question. "What's that question for, Kook?"

"Just tell me," Jungkook said, his voice pleading.

Mi-Rae smiled softly. "Yes, Kook. And you know I love you even more, right?"

Jungkook let out a breath, his forehead resting on hers. "I know, babe. But please, take care of yourself while I'm gone. If anything happens—no matter how small—call me, okay? Promise me that."

Mi-Rae pulled away slightly, her brows furrowing. "Kook, it's just two days, right? What's going on?"

Jungkook hesitated for a moment, then nodded. "Yes, but I don't want to be away from you for even five minutes. Just... be careful. Stay with my mom, visit your dad only with her, and don't go anywhere alone."

Mi-Rae raised an eyebrow and chuckled softly. "Do I look like a child, Kook?"

Jungkook didn't respond. Instead, he pulled her back into a tight hug, this time with more urgency. She felt him tremble slightly, and when she pulled back to look at his face, she was shocked to see tears in his eyes.

It was the first time she'd ever seen him cry.

"Kook?" Mi-Rae whispered, her hand gently wiping the tears from his cheeks. "What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

Jungkook shook his head, quickly wiping away the rest of his tears. "I just love you so much, babe. And when I get back... let's get married. I don't want to wait anymore. I can't wait to make you my wife."

Mi-Rae's eyes widened, a blush spreading across her cheeks. She smiled, her heart swelling with love. "I love you too, Kook. Yes, let's get married."

Jungkook smiled through his remaining tears and pulled her close one last time. "Let's go, babe. I need to leave."

He held her hand tightly as they walked back downstairs. His parents were seated, waiting for him and his dad to leave.

Jungkook's dad stood up. "Ready, Kookie?"

Jungkook nodded, giving Mi-Rae one last glance before he waved goodbye. He could see the sadness in her eyes as she waved back, but she was trying to be strong for him.

 He could see the sadness in her eyes as she waved back, but she was trying to be strong for him

To be continued!!!!!

Guys, please vote and support me🗳!!!

Please follow me on Instagram 🤗!!!!