Chapter 60: A Digital Romance

Later that night, Mi-Rae was back at home, laying on her bed, staring at the ceiling, her mind unable to focus. Her phone buzzed on the desk, and she didn't need to check the screen to know who it was. A small smile crept onto her face as she reached for it.

Jungkook: "What are you up to, babe? Thinking about me?" 😎

Mi-Rae shook her head, biting her lip to stop from smiling too wide as she typed a response.

Mi-Rae: "Not thinking about you at all, actually about to sleep." 😏

His reply came back almost instantly.

Jungkook: "Sleeping? Without me? Sounds boring."

She rolled her eyes, playfully, though her heart raced a little. His flirtation was always so direct, yet so teasing.

Mi-Rae: "Trust me, it'll be peaceful without you keeping me awake." 😴

Jungkook: "Peaceful, but lonely, don't you think?" 😘

Mi-Rae felt her face grow warm, but she fired back quickly.

Mi-Rae: "Who said I'd be lonely? I have my comfy pillow." 😏

Jungkook: "Pillow? Pfft. I'm so much better than a pillow. You can hug me all night, and I promise I don't get lumpy." 😜

Mi-Rae laughed out loud, shaking her head.

Mi-Rae: "You're so full of yourself, Kook. Seriously, go to sleep."

Jungkook: "Not until you admit you miss me." 😎

She paused for a moment, smiling at the screen, before typing a teasing response.

Mi-Rae: "I miss my peace and quiet."

Jungkook: "Lies. Your heart's racing just thinking about me, isn't it?" 😏

Mi-Rae blushed, quickly glancing around as if someone might have overheard his text despite being alone in her room. He always knew how to make her flustered.

Mi-Rae: "Stop imagining things and let me sleep, Kookie."

Jungkook: "Only if you promise to dream about me."

Mi-Rae's fingers hesitated over the keyboard. She sighed, knowing she was going to indulge him.

Mi-Rae: "Fine. But only if you score the winning basket in your dream match." 🏀

Jungkook: "Deal! But I'll still be the star of your dream."

She smiled at his confidence, her cheeks still warm as she typed her reply.

Mi-Rae: "Goodnight, Kookie. Dream big."

Jungkook: "Goodnight, babe. Sweet dreams." 😘

Mi-Rae put her phone down with a contented sigh, hugging her pillow tightly. Though she wouldn't admit it to him, her mind was already wandering back to Jungkook as sleep slowly crept in.

Next Day in Class

Mi-Rae sat next to Yae-Jin, her heart racing as she worked up the courage to tell her best friend what had been on her mind. She leaned in, lowering her voice slightly.

Mi-Rae: "Yae-Jin... I've been thinking.

"Yae-Jin raised an eyebrow, sensing the seriousness in her tone.

Yae-Jin: "About?"

Mi-Rae took a deep breath.

Mi-Rae: "I'm thinking of... accepting Jungkook."

Yae-Jin's eyes went wide, and her jaw dropped in pure shock and excitement.

Yae-Jin: "Whaaaat?!" (gasping loudly) "Oh my God, Mi-Rae, are you serious?!"

Mi-Rae smiled sheepishly, trying to keep her friend from getting too loud.

Mi-Rae: "Slow down, okay? But yeah... I think I want to propose to him."

Yae-Jin's excitement was impossible to contain. She practically bounced in her seat.

Yae-Jin: "When are you going to do it? Oh my gosh, this is huge!"

Mi-Rae: "I was thinking after his big match. I mean, if he wins, it'll be the perfect moment."

Yae-Jin grabbed Mi-Rae's hands, beaming.

Yae-Jin: "I'm so happy you've decided this! He's such a great guy, Mi-Rae, and honestly, you two are perfect for each other."

Mi-Rae couldn't help but blush at her friend's enthusiasm. She glanced down, thinking about the decision she had finally made, her heart fluttering with a mix of nerves and excitement.

Before the Match:

Mi-Rae made her way to the court, the familiar sound of sneakers squeaking on the floor, and the echo of basketball bouncing filled the air.

Jungkook was in the middle of warming up with his team, but his eyes immediately found hers the moment she stepped into the warmup.

He flashed her a bright grin, jogging over, clearly thrilled to see her.

Jungkook: "Hey, babe! Came to wish me luck?"

Mi-Rae smiled, feeling a bit more confident after her decision.

Mi-Rae: "Something like that."

Jungkook's curiosity piqued. He tilted his head, wiping a bit of sweat from his brow.

Jungkook: "Oh? You've got that 'mysterious' look going on. What's up?"

To be continued!!!!!

Guys, please vote and support me🗳!!!

Please follow me on Instagram 🤗!!!!