Chapter 12: Guarding Hearts in the Joseon Palace

Meanwhile, the princess hurried back to her room, her heart pounding.

Maid: "Why did you come back so soon, Princess?" she asked, noticing the princess's flushed cheeks. "You said you wanted to see him. Are you feeling alright?"

Princess: Still holding her heart and giggling, "Sojin, he is here. I saw him!" she said excitedly, her smile wide.

Sojin: "Who? Your moonlight? How? Why?"

Princess: Laughing, "Sojin, you have so many questions just like him!"

Sojin: "So, my princess spoke with him."

Princess: Blushing deeply, she recounted everything that had happened to Sojin, who listened in surprise.

Sojin: "Thank goodness! I was worried you were sneaking out of the palace to see him. Now you don't have to, since he's working here."

Princess: "Sojin, remember, I'm Hana, the princess's maid. If you see him with me or in front of him, act like I'm just another worker, like you."

Sojin: "You want me to act friendly with you? If Yi sees me treating you like an equal, he'll surely punish me."

Hana: Pretend in front of him, I will manage the rest!!!

Over the next few days, Tae and the princess—Hana, as she insisted on being called—found ways to see each other frequently. Each meeting was filled with flirtatious banter and playful exchanges.

One day

Tae: Leaning casually against a wall, he flashed a playful grin as Hana approached. "Ah, my favorite sneaky maid. Would you happen to have any plans for more palace adventures today?

Hana: Pretending to be annoyed, replied, "You're impossible, my guard!! always finding me where I shouldn't be. Shouldn't you be guarding something more important?"

Tae: Chuckling softly, he retorted, "But guarding you is the most important task of all, my lady. And stealing moments with you? Well, that's just an added  bonus."

Hana: Blushing slightly, she teased back, "Do you practice these lines in front of a mirror, or do they come to you naturally?"

Tae: With a mock wounded expression, he replied, "Naturally, of course. when it comes to someone as lovely as you."

Hana: Gazing at him, she couldn't help but ask, "My Guard, what's your name?"

Tae: Turning to her with a smile, he diverted, "Ah, but why do you wish to know, my lady? Is it to report me to the palace guards?"

Hana: Chuckling softly, she replied, "No, I just... want to know who I'm sneaking around with."

Tae: With a twinkle in his eye, he countered, "Ah, but a name holds power, Hana. Perhaps I prefer to remain mysterious."

Hana: Playfully pushing him away, teased, "Fine, keep your secrets."

As she turned to leave, Tae gently held her hand, causing her heart to skip a beat. She looked back at him, startled.

Hana: "What are you doing ? Leave my hand?" she said nervously.

Tae: "Hana,"  he said softly, "why did you help me on the festival night?"

Hana : was taken aback. "How did you know?" she whispered, her eyes wide with surprise.

Tae:  Chuckled softly. "I have a knack for uncovering mysteries, especially when they involve a certain sneaky maid who's too attractive to ignore."

Hana: smiled but insisted, curiosity piqued. "Tell me, how?" 

Tae: Stepped closer, locking eyes with her. "I have a talent for reading eyes," he murmured mysteriously.

Hana: Chuckled softly. "Oh really? How many women's eyes have you read through?"

Tae: Grinned mischievously. "Plenty, but only one daring enough to sneak outside the palace has captured my heart."

Hana: Blushed deeper, feeling the intensity in his gaze. She found herself drawn into his eyes, momentarily lost in the moment.

Tae: Smirking playfully, he added, "Though I must admit, your eyes tell quite the tale themselves. Are they hiding any secrets from me?"

Hana: Playfully narrowed her eyes. "Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. You'll have to find out for yourself, won't you?"

Their moment was interrupted by the sound of footsteps approaching. Hana quickly straightened up, composing herself.

Hana: "I should go," she said softly, glancing around nervously.

Tae, visibly annoyed by the interruption, turned to see who was approaching.

To be continued!!!!!

Guys, please vote and support me🗳!!!

Please follow me 🤗!!!!