Chapter 57: The Tightest Hug

They rode to a nearby movie theatre. Jungkook bought two tickets and some popcorn, and they settled into their seats.

Jungkook: "Whenever I'm in a bad mood, I watch movies."

He handed her some popcorn.

Mi-Rae: "Really?" she nodded, taking the popcorn.

As the movie began, Jungkook gently placed her hand on his arm and pulled her a little closer.

Mi-Rae: "What are you doing?"

Jungkook: "Making my babe comfortable around me."

Mi-Rae looked at him, shocked by his boldness.

Jungkook: "Don't look at me like that. I'm barely controlling the urge to kiss you."

Mi-Rae gasped, her hand flying to her mouth.

Jungkook: "Do you think your small hand can stop me?"

Mi-Rae: "What the hell?"

Jungkook smirked. "No, babe, you'll see heaven with me."

He kissed the back of her hand. "Now, let's watch the movie."

They both turned their attention to the screen, but Mi-Rae couldn't stop sneaking glances at him.

During the movie, a couple of on-screen shared a kiss, and several couples in the theatre followed suit.

Jungkook: "Everyone's getting kisses except me."

Mi-Rae looked down, shyly.

After the movie ended, they walked back to the parking lot. Jungkook received a call.

Jungkook: "Hey mom, what's up?"

Jungkook's mom: "Where are you? Why aren't you home yet?"

Jungkook: "I went to watch a movie."

Jungkook's mom: "Why are you upset?"

Jungkook: "Someone proposed to her, so I took her in the middle of proposal."

Mi-Rae shocked at how confidently he spoke about it. Jungkook leaned against his bike, pulling her closer as he continued talking.

Jungkook's mom: "Did you hit him?"

Jungkook chuckled, playing with Mi-Rae's hair and tucking a strand behind her ear.

Jungkook: "Why would I hit him? He just proposed."

Mi-Rae's heart raced as she listened to his conversation, her cheeks growing red.

Jungkook's mom: "You should let the college know that girl is yours."

Mi-Rae's heart skipped a beat at her words. Jungkook was now playing with her fingers.

Jungkook: "Mom, she's getting shocked at your words."

Jungkook's mom: "That's what your dad did."

Jungkook: "But she hasn't accepted me yet."

Mi-Rae looked down, her cheeks burning with shyness.

Jungkook's mom: "Be patient, and don't force her."

Jungkook: "Okay, mom. I'll drop her home soon."

Jungkook's mom: "Take care, Mi-Rae baby!"

Jungkook: "Mom, she's my babe."

He smiled shaking head and hung up the phone, pulling Mi-Rae even closer. She froze, staring into his eyes.

Jungkook held Mi-Rae's hand tighter, his voice gentle but serious. "I'm sorry for ignoring you these past days."

Mi-Rae's eyes began to tear up as she shook her head. "No... I'm sorry." Her voice was barely above a whisper, filled with emotion.

Jungkook: "It's been so hard for me... not talking to you, not being around you."

Mi-Rae met his gaze, and her heart clenched at the sincerity in his eyes. Tears began to pool in his eyes as well.

Jungkook: "Just because I joke around doesn't mean I'm not serious. I'm serious about you, Mi-Rae. I'm serious about our love."

Mi-Rae lowered her head, mumbling through her tears. "Don't call me by my name."

Jungkook blinked, confused. "What? What did you say, babe?"

He gently lifted her chin, his eyes searching hers for an explanation.

Mi-Rae's voice trembled as she cried loudly. "Don't you ever call me by my name!"

Jungkook stared at her for a moment, then suddenly chuckled. His laugh grew louder until he was practically roaring with laughter.

Mi-Rae's face flushed with anger, and she started hitting his chest with her small fists. "Don't laugh! I'll kill you!" she cried, her tears falling as she spoke.

Jungkook, still chuckling, grabbed her wrists and pulled her into a tight hug. "Okay, okay, babe. I'm sorry." His voice was soft and reassuring as he held her close.

After a few minutes, the tension between them eased, and Jungkook gently broke the hug. He looked into her eyes, his tone more playful now.

Jungkook: "But seriously, why didn't you tell him no right away?"

Mi-Rae smirked, deciding to tease him back. "Who said I wanted to say no?"

Jungkook's eyes widened in shock, his voice rising in disbelief. "What? What did you say??"

Mi-Rae giggled, enjoying how flustered he became. "Maybe I liked the idea of him proposing."

Jungkook's face darkened with jealousy as he pouted. "You better not be serious, baby."

Mi-Rae stuck out her tongue playfully. "Or what? You'll propose next?"

Jungkook leaned in close, his lips just inches from hers, his voice dropping to a low whisper. "I don't need to propose to make you mine. You already are."

Mi-Rae's teasing smile faltered, her breath catching at the intensity in his eyes. She blushed deeply and quickly looked away, trying to regain her composure.

Jungkook smirked at her reaction and whispered,

Jungkook: "I want to kiss you."

Mi-Rae: "What?"

Her heart raced, her pulse quickening at his words. Her lips parted as if to speak, but no sound came out. The anticipation hung between them, thick and electric. He slid his hand to her waist, pulling her closer still. Mi-Rae’s breath hitched, her thoughts a blur as Jungkook tilted his head slightly.

“Jung... Jungkook...” she whispered, her voice trembling.

Instead of kissing her lips, Jungkook pressed his lips gently against her jawline, sending shivers down her spine. Her body tensed, a gasp escaping her lips as her eyes fluttered shut. The soft, fleeting touch of his lips made her heart pound uncontrollably, heat creeping up her neck.

 The soft, fleeting touch of his lips made her heart pound uncontrollably, heat creeping up her neck

To be continued!!!!!

Guys, please vote and support me🗳!!!

Please follow me on Instagram 🤗!!!!