Chapter 9: The Princess's Secret Quest

Unaware of her presence, Jimin and Tae were deeply engrossed in their search for the symbols book. They noticed the library was filled with journals, documents, and books, also serving as a research institute.

Suddenly, the woman accidentally knocked over a stack of books, creating a loud thud. Tae and Jimin froze, their hearts pounding. The noise alerted the guards outside, who rushed into the library.

Jimin:  hissed, "We've got to hide. Quick!" Tae and Jimin hid behind shelves. 

Just as the guards burst into the library, their footsteps echoing loudly on the polished floors.

Meanwhile, the unknown woman, startled by her own mishap, cursed under her breath. She knew the layout of the library well and swiftly slipped through a hidden passage that led to a secluded corridor.

The guards fanned out, their lanterns casting eerie shadows across the walls as they searched for any sign of intruders. 

Jimin:  Held his breath, praying they wouldn't be discovered.

As the guards moved through the library, they spotted the mysterious woman inside. Recognizing her, they immediately bowed.

Guard 1: "My Lady, what brings you here at this hour?"

 Mysterious woman: Calm and composed, replied, "I couldn't sleep and wanted to find a book to read."

Tae:  hiding behind a shelf, recognized her voice instantly. He tried to catch a glimpse of her but had no luck. He whispered to himself, "It's her. I know that voice."

Mysterious woman:  Continued, "I accidentally knocked over some books. I'm sorry for the disturbance."

Guard 2:  Guards bowed again, "It's no trouble at all, My Lady. Allow us to assist you."

 Mysterious woman:  Shook her head, taking a random book from a nearby shelf. "Thank you, but I can manage. I'll head back now."

The guards escorted her out, still bowing respectfully. Tae and Jimin waited until the room was silent again before stepping out from their hiding spots.

Jimin: whispered, "That was close. Did you see her?"

Tae:  shook his head, frustrated. "No, but I know it was her. We need to hurry and find that book."

They continued their search, now more determined than ever, hoping to uncover the secrets hidden within the palace library.

Suddenly, Tae's eyes caught a glimpse of a book titled "Wisdom of the Joseon Dynasty." He pulled it out carefully and flipped through the pages.

Jimin spotted people returning to the palace as the festival came to an end, deciding to take the book home with them. Sneaking past the guards, they finally reached home. Yuna anxiously awaited them.

Yuna anxiously awaited them she saw them and rushed to Jimin.

Yuna: Expression filled with concern. "Are you both alright?" asked, her voice tinged with worry.

Jimin:  Embraced her gently, trying to ease her fears. "We're okay, Yuna," he reassured her.

Tae:  Approached them, a mischievous glint in his eye as he tousled Yuna's hair playfully. "Don't worry, Yuna. Your Jimin is in good hands," he said with a grin.

Yuna:  Smiled gratefully at Tae. "I worry about both of you," she admitted, her concern evident.

Jimin and Yuna were outside their home, bathed in the soft moonlight, discussing what had happened at the palace. Jimin explained how he and Tae had sneaked into the palace during the festival, encountered a mysterious woman,

Meanwhile, Tae came to the bedroom and started flipping pages where the hairpin was intricately drawn, along with cryptic letters describing directions. Puzzled by their meaning, he realized they pointed to a secret location. He remembered the book he had brought from his home and started flipping through its pages, hoping for clues.

As he searched, he suddenly stumbled upon a familiar painting of princesses. The sight of her eyes struck him with a mix of awe and confusion.

"It's the same eyes," he whispered softly, momentarily lost in thought. "Princess, how could I have forgotten you?" he murmured, tracing the delicate features of the princess in the painting. "So it's you, my princess!"

 "So it's you, my princess!"

To be continued!!!!! 

Guys, please vote and support me🗳!!! 

Please follow me on Instagram 🤗!!!!