Chapter 30: The Unexpected Arrival

Tae: (quietly) "I've been struggling with something, Hana. Ever since we met... I've always had this fear in the back of my mind. The thought of you leaving, of you going back to where you came from... it terrifies me."

Hana's heart sank as she listened to him. She hadn't realized how much this was affecting him.

Hana: (softly) "Tae... I don't know what's going to happen.But if I disappear... will you miss me? Will you search for me?"

Tae's breath hitched at her words. He gently took her hand, his grip firm and reassuring as he looked into her eyes.

Tae: (softly) "Hana... if you disappear, it would break me. I'd miss you every single day, and I wouldn't stop searching until I found you. No matter where you are, no matter how far... I'd find a way to bring you back."

Hana's eyes welled up with tears at his words. The idea of leaving him, of being pulled back to her own time, suddenly felt like an unbearable possibility. She didn't want to lose him, not now, not after everything they'd been through together.

Hana: (voice trembling) "Tae... what if we can't stop it? What if I'm taken away, and we can't find each other again?"

Tae squeezed her hand gently, his eyes filled with determination.

Tae: "I need to find out why and how I ended up in the Joseon Dynasty, how we both came here. But Hana, let's not think about what we can't control right now. Let's just focus on now, on being together. Whatever happens, we'll face it when the time comes. But for now... I'm here, and so are you."

He lifted her hand to his lips, pressing a soft kiss on the back of her hand. The gesture was tender, filled with a quiet promise that no matter what the future held, he would be there for her.

Tae: (whispering) "I like being with you, Hana. More than anything. And I'll figure this out. We'll figure it out together."

Hana nodded, her heart swelling with emotion. She knew the uncertainty of their situation, but in this moment, sitting on the beach with Tae, she felt a sense of peace. She didn't know what the future held, but she knew she wanted to spend whatever time she had left with him.

They sat there in silence, the waves gently crashing against the shore as the sun dipped below the horizon.

The drive back to the house was steeped in a somber silence, the night pressing heavily against the windows of the car. The dim streetlights cast fleeting shadows across Hana's face as she leaned against the window, lost in thought.

Tae, glancing over at her periodically, felt a pang of sorrow. He was overwhelmed by the weight of their conversation and the uncertainty that loomed over them.

Tae: (trying to break the silence) "We're home."

Hana gave a faint nod, her eyes still on the house as if searching for answers in the familiar surroundings. She unbuckled her seatbelt and stepped out of the car, the cool night air greeting her with a gentle breeze. Tae followed her, his heart heavy as he watched her walk towards the house.

Then Tae watched Hana as she walked to her room, her shoulders slightly slumped with the burden of their discussion.

Once she was inside and the door gently closed behind her, Tae turned and headed to his own room. The silence of the house felt heavy, and as he lay in bed, he couldn't shake the feeling of uncertainty that clung to him.

Tae's POV: Lying in bed, I kept replaying the night's events in my mind. Hana's vulnerability, my own fears, and the tender kiss we shared... it was all so overwhelming. I needed to find answers, but more than that.Hana meant more to me than I could ever put into words, and I was willing to do whatever it took to keep her in my life.

The next morning, Tae's usual routine was disrupted by the unexpected arrival of his parents. The news came as a shock to him, and he scrambled to process it. Hana was still asleep in her room, blissfully unaware of the sudden turn of events.

Tae crept through the house, his heart pounding with a mix of excitement and anxiety. He knew he needed to keep Hana hidden from his parents until he could figure out what to do next.

Tae: (muttering to himself) "This is not how I planned today..."

He quietly approached Hana's bedroom door and gently opened it. The room was bathed in the soft morning light, and Hana lay peacefully in bed, completely oblivious to the commotion outside. Tae felt a pang of guilt for waking her, but he knew he had no choice.

Tae: (softly, shaking her gently) "Hana... Hana, wake up."

Hana stirred, blinking groggily as she slowly came to her senses.

Hana: (confused) "Tae? What's wrong?"

Tae: (urgent whisper) "My parents are back. I need you to hide. Quickly."

Hana's eyes widened with alarm as she sat up, taking in the seriousness of Tae's expression. She nodded, understanding the gravity of the situation. Tae helped her gather her belongings as quickly as possible.

Tae: "I'll take you to my room. It's the safest place for now."

As they moved swiftly to Tae's room, he glanced back nervously to ensure no one was following them. Once inside, he helped Hana settle in, giving her a reassuring smile.

Tae: "Just stay here and keep quiet. I'll bring you breakfast. Don't make any noise."

Hana: nodded, watching him with a mix of concern and curiosity.

After breakfast was ready, Tae returned to his room with a tray, setting it down on the small table beside Hana.

Tae: "Here you go. Eat up. I need to go out for a bit. Don't make any noise, and I'll be back as soon as I can."

Hana: "Tae, where are you going?"

Tae: "I have some work to take care of. I'll explain everything when I get back. Just stay here and be safe."

Tae: (dialing a number) "Hi, it's Tae."

??: "Hey, Tae. What's up?"

To be continued!!!!!

Guys, please vote and support me🗳!!!

Please follow me on Instagram 🤗!!!!