Chapter 49: Running After Her Heart

Mi-Rae flinched, pulling the bottle away as if she'd been burned.

Mi-Rae: "What? What did you just say?"

Jungkook, grinning now, leaned closer, his eyes playful.

Jungkook: "I said I love you. You hit me so hard I think I'm in love."

His friends erupted in laughter and teasing, Jimin shaking his head in disbelief while the others hooted and cheered.

Mi-Rae's face, already flushed, turned an even deeper shade of red. She took a step back, clearly flustered.

Mi-Rae: "You don't even know me. How can you say something like that?"

Jungkook, still smirking, gave a small shrug.

Jungkook: "Don't worry babe. I'll get to know you."

The teasing around them grew louder, and Mi-Rae, visibly embarrassed and annoyed, shoved the water bottle into his hands.

Mi-Rae: "You're insane!"

She huffed, turning sharply on her heels and storming off, her friend Yae-Jin trailing behind, trying to apologise on her behalf.As Mi-Rae walked away, her back to the group,

Jungkook called after her, his voice loud and teasing.

Jungkook: "Bye, babe! Don't forget, I'm not done with you yet!"

Mi-Rae didn't turn around, but Jungkook could see her shoulders tense. She was clearly rattled by the encounter.

His friends erupted in more laughter and cheers, teasing him endlessly, but Jungkook wasn't fazed.

Jungkook's eyes followed Mi-Rae as she disappeared from the court, a small smirk playing on his lips. His heart raced-not from the slap, but from the brief moment of connection, the fire in her eyes.

That night, JK couldn't sleep. The slap still stung, but all he could think about was Mi-Rae. Her fiery eyes, the way she looked so flustered, and the strange feeling that had taken over him the moment she hit him. He smiled to himself. She was different from anyone he'd ever met.

The next day, Jungkook's search for Mi-Rae began. He spotted her heading to the library and followed her with a mischievous grin.

The library was quiet, and Mi-Rae sat absorbed in her books, oblivious to his approach.Jungkook slid into the seat across from her.

Jungkook: "Hey, Mi-Rae."

Mi-Rae looked up, startled, and immediately scowled.

Mi-Rae: "What do you want?"

Jungkook: "You owe me."

Mi-Rae blinked.

Mi-Rae: "Excuse me?"

Jungkook: "You slapped me. I think that deserves a few dates in return."

She rolled her eyes and went back to her book.

Mi-Rae: "In your dreams."

Jungkook, undeterred, slid a little closer, his voice dropping to a playful murmur.

Jungkook: "Oh, sweetheart, I did more than just take you out in my dreams last night."

Mi-Rae's eyes snapped up from her book, locking onto his with a mixture of shock and disbelief. She blinked, completely thrown off by his boldness.

Mi-Rae: "W-what? What did you just say?"

Jungkook flashed a mischievous smile, his eyes gleaming with teasing confidence.

Jungkook: "You heard me. My dreams? Let's just say they've been... pretty vivid."

He winked, leaning just close enough to make her feel his presence without crossing a line.

Mi-Rae's face flushed instantly, her calm composure cracking as she stuttered, clearly flustered.

Mi-Rae: "You're insane!" She slammed her book shut, glaring at him. "Why would you say something like that?"

Jungkook leaned back, chuckling softly, clearly enjoying how riled up she was getting.

Jungkook: "Just being honest, babe. You've been on my mind since that slap. Might as well confess, right?"

Mi-Rae stood up abruptly, clutching her book tightly as if it was her shield, trying to regain control of the situation.

Mi-Rae: "You're impossible. Stay away from me!" She shot him one last glare before storming off, her face still bright red.

Jungkook watched her walk away, his grin never fading. He leaned back in his seat, shaking his head in amusement.

Jungkook (pov): "She's gonna be fun to chase."

Jimin, who had witnessed the entire exchange, burst into laughter, slapping him on the back.

Jimin: "Kookie, you've got some guts! You really know how to get under her skin, don't you?"

Jungkook, still watching Mi-Rae disappear into the distance, smirked.

Jungkook: "Oh, trust me. I'm just getting started."

To be continued!!!!!

Guys, please vote and support me🗳!!!

Please follow me on Instagram 🤗!!!!