Chapter 74: The Weight of Goodbyes

As the celebration continued, Jungkook glanced at Mi-Rae's father, who was wheeled in by Jungkook's parents. A sense of nervousness filled him as he approached them.

"Dad!" Mi-Rae exclaimed, rushing over to her father. "You made it!"

Mi-Rae's father smiled warmly at his daughter, his eyes shining with pride. Despite his condition, he moved his hands slightly, the motion seeming more pronounced than before.

"I'm so proud of you both," he said, his voice full of warmth. Though he could not speak fluently, the emotion in his eyes spoke volumes.

Jungkook knelt beside him, feeling a rush of respect. "Thank you for being here, sir. I promise to take care of your daughter."

Mi-Rae's father placed a hand on Jungkook's shoulder, call me dad my son. The moment was powerful, conveying his trust and approval.

"I know how much you love her," he said softly, his hand lingering on Jungkook's shoulder. "You have my blessing."

Mi-Rae wiped away a tear, her heart swelling with gratitude. "Dad, you look so happy! Your hands are moving better!"

"I've been working hard with my therapy," her father replied, a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

The group shared in the joyful moment, laughter and excitement filling the air.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, Jungkook pulled Mi-Rae close, their friends surrounding them in celebration. He could hardly believe how perfect this day had turned out, filled with love, friendship, and a future that felt brighter than ever.

"Here's to us," he said, raising a glass, "and to many more adventures together."

"Forever and always," Mi-Rae echoed, her heart full, knowing they were ready to face whatever came next, hand in hand.

After everyone had enjoyed a long evening of family time, Jungkook's dad called him aside.

"Kookie, you need to come to the UK with me for two days," his dad said. "We have some important clients coming, and it's crucial you're there. You can come back once everything's wrapped up."

Jungkook felt a bit of sadness tug at him but nodded. "Okay, Dad."

"We can have Mi-Rae stay with your mom," his father suggested, noticing Jungkook's hesitation. "She won't be alone."

"I'll talk to her," Jungkook replied.

He returned to Mi-Rae, who was sitting and laughing with everyone, enjoying the last bits of the celebration. Jungkook took her hand, intertwining his fingers with hers and squeezing gently.

Mi-Rae, sensing something was wrong, turned to face him. "Kook, what's going on?"

Jungkook shook his head with a small smile and kissed the back of her hand. "Nothing, babe... I just love you so much."

Before she could ask anything else, Jimin stood up and teased, "Alright, alright, let's give these lovebirds some time alone. We'll wrap things up here."

Everyone began to congratulate the couple once more, wishing them well before leaving the two alone.

----------------------------------------------

When they finally reached home, Jungkook didn't say much. Instead, he pulled Mi-Rae into a tight hug the moment they stepped through the door.

Mi-Rae, feeling the intensity of his embrace, looked up at him. "What's wrong, husband?"

Jungkook paused for a second, stunned by the way she called him "husband." A smirk slowly appeared on his face as he raised an eyebrow. "Maybe your husband needs something."

Mi-Rae chuckled, stepping back from the hug. "Not tonight, Kook. I'm exhausted." She started to walk away, but Jungkook gently grabbed her wrist.

"Babe, wait," he said, pulling her close again, his face more serious now. "I need to tell you something."

Her brows furrowed in concern as she turned around. "What is it?"

Jungkook led her to the sofa, and as they sat, he pulled her onto his lap, holding her close.

Jungkook sighed, his hands still holding hers. "Dad wants me to go to the UK with him for two days. There's an important meeting, and I have to be there."

Mi-Rae blinked, surprised by the sudden news. "So soon? We just celebrated..."

"I know," Jungkook said, rubbing his thumb over her hand. "I don't want to leave, but it's work, babe. I can't avoid it."

She nodded, understanding but still feeling a bit sad. "When do you leave?"

"Tomorrow morning," Jungkook replied, his voice soft. "But I spoke to my dad, and you can stay with my mom while I'm gone. I don't want you to be alone."

Mi-Rae's expression softened at his thoughtfulness, but she still leaned into him, pressing her forehead to his chest. "I'll miss you, Kook."

Jungkook wrapped his arms around her tightly, kissing the top of her head. "I'll miss you more, babe. But it's just two days, and I'll be back before you know it."

She nodded against him, feeling the warmth of his embrace. "I'll wait for you."

They sat there in silence for a few moments, holding on to each other as if time would stretch out for them. Eventually, Jungkook gently pulled away, cupping her face in his hands.

"I love you, babe," he whispered, leaning down to kiss her softly.

"I love you too, Kook," she murmured back, her eyes closing as she melted into his kiss.

As the night deepened, they found comfort in each other's arms, ready to face whatever distance the next two days would bring.

To be continued!!!!!

Guys, please vote and support me🗳!!!

Please follow me on Instagram 🤗!!!!