Chapter 29 : The Calm Before the Truth

He pulled away gently, his heart pounding as he looked at Hana's sleeping face. Her breathing was steady and calm, a stark contrast to the storm of emotions inside him.

Tae: (softly, to himself) "What am I supposed to do now?"

The next morning, Tae woke up feeling lighter than he had in days. Though the events of the previous night still played on his mind, the sight of Hana sleeping peacefully after that unexpected kiss filled him with a mix of happiness and shyness. He wanted to cherish the moment.

He decided to start the day on a positive note. He busied himself in the kitchen, cooking breakfast for the both of them.

The smell of food soon filled the apartment, and as he was setting the table, Hana walked into the kitchen, rubbing her eyes, sleepily.

Hana: (cheerfully) "Morning, Tae! Something smells amazing."

Tae looked up and smiled at her, his heart fluttering at the sight of her. He wanted to keep things light, not wanting to overwhelm her with the weight of his feelings just yet.

Tae: "Morning, sleepyhead. I made your favorite—come on, sit down. Breakfast is ready."

He walked over to her, taking her wrist gently and leading her to the dining table. Hana followed him, her heart warming at the way he was acting, just like before. She couldn't help but notice how happy and relaxed he seemed.

Hana: (sitting down) "You're spoiling me today, Tae. What's the occasion?"

Tae: (grinning) "No occasion. I just wanted to do something nice for you. And since it's Sunday and we're both free, I thought we could spend the day together."

Hana's eyes lit up with excitement, but there was also a hint of curiosity.

Hana: "That sounds great! But... what kind of fun are we talking about?"

Tae: (playfully) "That's a surprise. Just get ready. We've got a full day ahead."

After breakfast, Tae and Hana got ready and headed out. As they drove through the city, Hana watched the bustling streets with a mix of fascination and confusion.

They eventually arrived at the amusement park, a place filled with bright lights, lively music, and the sounds of laughter.

Hana's eyes widened in amazement as she took in the sight of the towering rides, the crowds of people, and the vibrant atmosphere.

Hana: (astonished) "What is this place? I've never seen anything like it..."

Tae: (smiling) "It's an amusement park. It's a place where people come to have fun, go on rides, play games... I thought you might enjoy it."

Hana: (nervously) "It looks... fun, but also a little scary."

Tae: (gently) "Don't worry, I'll be with you the whole time. Let's start with something easy."

They began with a few gentle rides, with Hana marvelling at how the machines moved and how people seemed to enjoy the thrill. As the day went on, Tae convinced her to try some of the more adventurous rides.

On one particularly fast ride, Hana instinctively grabbed onto Tae, her fear making her hold him tightly. Tae, feeling her closeness, hesitated for a moment before wrapping an arm around her protectively, his own heart racing—not from the ride, but from the proximity to her.

Tae: (softly) "I've got you, Hana. Don't worry."

After they finished the ride, Hana laughed, the fear giving way to exhilaration.

Hana: (smiling brightly) "That was terrifying... but also amazing! I can't believe people do this for fun."

Tae: (laughing) "It's definitely a rush. I'm glad you're having a good time."

As the afternoon turned into evening, Tae noticed that Hana was starting to look a bit tired. He suggested they grab something to eat, and they headed to a nearby restaurant.They sat down, and Tae ordered for both of them, choosing dishes he thought Hana might enjoy. As they ate, Hana's eyes kept darting around, taking in the unfamiliar surroundings.

Hana: (thoughtfully) "Tae, this day has been incredible. I've never experienced anything like this. But... is it over already?"

Tae saw the hint of disappointment in her eyes and smiled, leaning in slightly.

Tae: "Not yet. I've got one more surprise for you."

Hana looked at him curiously, but he didn't reveal anything more. After they finished their meal, they got back into the car, and Tae drove them to the final destination.

Hana: (whispering) "It's so beautiful..."

Tae: (softly) "I'm glad you like it. I come here when I need to think... or when I need to feel calm."

They walked together along the shore, the cool sand under their feet, the sound of the waves gently lapping at the shore. After a while, they found a spot to sit, watching the sun dip lower into the horizon.

They sat in silence for a while, watching the waves gently crash against the shore. The peacefulness of the moment made Tae feel like it was the right time to talk to Hana about what had been on his mind.

Tae: (hesitantly) "Hana... I'm sorry for how I've been acting lately. I know I haven't been myself."

Hana turned to look at him, concern in her eyes.

Hana: "Tae, it's okay. I just want to know what's been bothering you. Is everything alright?"

Tae took a deep breath, trying to find the right words.

To be continued!!!!! 

 Guys, please vote and support me🗳!!! 

 Please follow me on Instagram 🤗!!!!