Chapter 58: No Room for Anyone Else

Jungkook lingered for a moment, letting the tension build before pulling back just enough to look at her. Her face was flushed, her eyes wide with surprise. He chuckled softly, enjoying her reaction.

Jungkook: "Let’s go, babe," he whispered, his voice low "I’ll drop you before I lose control."

Mi-Rae blinked, stunned, her mind still reeling from the moment. She stood there, frozen, but Jungkook only smirked as he moved toward his bike. He swung a leg over it effortlessly, looking back at her with that mischievous glint in his eyes.

Jungkook: “Come on, don’t make me wait,” he teased, grabbing her wrist and gently pulling her toward him.

Before she could respond, she found herself climbing onto the bike behind him, her arms wrapping around his waist as the engine roared to life. As they sped off into the night, Mi-Rae held on tighter, the thrill of the moment still buzzing in her veins.

Jungkook pulled up to Mi-Rae’s house, the hum of the bike fading as she hopped off. She turned to him with a soft smile, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear.

Mi-Rae: "Bye," she said, giving him a small wave.

Jungkook: grinned, "Good night, babe."

Mi-Rae: lips curled into a playful smile as she replied, "Good night, Kook."

Jungkook’s eyes widened in surprise. She had never called him that before. It was always Jungkook or Jk, and hearing the nickname caught him off guard.

Jungkook: “Babe, wait,” he called, stopping her just as she was about to walk away. "What did you call me?"

Mi-Rae:  turned back, her eyes sparkling under the dim streetlight. “Kook,” she said, her voice soft. “Can I call you that?”

Jungkook’s heart skipped a beat, happiness flooding his chest. He nodded, trying to hide the grin tugging at the corners of his mouth. “Yeah, you can.”

She smiled, turning around to head toward her front door, but just as she was a few steps away, Jungkook couldn’t hold it in any longer.

Jungkook: “I love you, babe!” he called out a little louder than intended.

Mi-Rae:  spun around, eyes wide. “Shhhhhh! My father’s home,” she whispered urgently, glancing at the house.

Jungkook chuckled and nodded, leaning in slightly.

Jungkook: "I love you, babe," he whispered this time, his voice soft yet sincere.

Mi-Rae:  blushed, shaking her head with a smile. “Go, Kook. Drive safe,” she said, her voice filled with warmth. “Bye.”

Jungkook:  grinned, his heart lighter than ever. "Bye, babe," he replied before revving up the bike and riding off into the night.

Next morning in college

Mi-Rae: "Where is he? I hope he's here already, I am missing him from yesterday."

Yae-Jin: "Relax, Mi-Rae. If he's not here yet, he will be soon."

As they approached the classroom, Mi-Rae's eyes darted around. She spotted Jungkook leaning against the wall, his eyes locked on her.