Chapter 76 : Crying Out for You

Guys, please read my another story, too. Love for hidden face....

Present in Joseon Dynasty-Era...

Taehyung shifted slightly, his eyes narrowing as Jungkook continued.

"Then what happened when you went to the UK?" Tae asked, his voice soft but filled with curiosity.

Jungkook sighed heavily, running a hand through his hair as he recalled the events. "Everything was fine on the first day. Mi-Rae and I called each other, and we stayed connected. But on the second day, things got busy. The meetings took longer than expected, and it ended up taking three days instead of two. Mi-Rae tried to call me, but I couldn't answer because I was stuck in the office, dealing with clients."

Taehyung nodded, listening closely as Jungkook continued.

"When I landed, I went straight to my mom, expecting everything to be normal."

Flashback Continues...

Jungkook stepped into his parents' house after his trip, ready to surprise Mi-Rae. He saw his mom sitting at the table, but there was a strange tension in the air.

"Mom, where's Mi-Rae?" he asked, a smile still on his face.

Jungkook's mom looked up, her eyes filled with worry. "She got a call from her dad yesterday and went to visit him. But Jungkook, I've been trying to reach her all day, and I haven't been able to get through."

Jungkook's heart skipped a beat. He immediately called Mi-Rae, but it went straight to voicemail.

Without wasting another second, he rushed to Mi-Rae's house, hoping she was there. But when he arrived, the house was empty. No sign of her. Not even her father.

He dialled the number of the bodyguard he had quietly hired to watch over Mi-Rae-his private safeguard to ensure nothing happened to her. But the line was dead. His calls to the guard kept going straight to voicemail, just like Mi-Rae's phone.

Jungkook stood outside Mi-Rae's uncle's house, his fists pounding the door with increasing frustration.

The first knock-nothing.

The second knock, louder this time, echoed in the quiet street. "I know you're in there! I need to talk to you about Mi-Rae!"

Still, there is no response.

Finally, on the third knock, the door creaked open. Mi-Rae's uncle stood there, his eyes cold and calculating, blocking the doorway.

"What do you want, Jungkook?" The words dripped with disdain.

"I need to know where Mi-Rae is. I've tried reaching her, but nothing. No one's heard from her!" Jungkook's voice carried a desperate edge.

Mi-Rae's uncle chuckled darkly, stepping closer. "You won't find her. She's far away from you now, and I'll make sure you can never reach her again."

Jungkook's stomach clenched in fear. "What do you mean? Where is she?"

The uncle sneered, his voice full of malice. "You think you can protect her? You have no idea what you're up against." Just leave if you want to live..

Before Jungkook could react, the door was slammed in his face.

Present:

Jungkook's voice wavered as he recalled that moment to Taehyung, Jimin, and Minho. "I tried calling everyone-Jimin, Yae-Jin... but there was no trace of her. I even used all my resources to get the CCTV footage from the road near Mi-Rae's house. All I saw was her entering the house, but after that, nothing."

His voice broke. "I think she tried calling me that day... maybe to tell me something, something unusual, but I missed it." Jungkook's hands shook as he wiped away a tear. "I couldn't protect her."

Taehyung placed a comforting hand on Jungkook's shoulder, pulling him into a hug. "We'll find her, Jungkook. I promise. We'll help you."

Jimin and Minho nodded in agreement.

Minho asked, "Did you try going back to Mi-Rae's uncle's place? Or getting more information about her?"

Jungkook took a deep breath. "I did. I begged him to let me see her just once. But nothing. He refused. Then I heard from my source that he was planning to send his daughter to an auction. I thought I could use that to my advantage. I thought if I could get his daughter, I could blackmail him into letting me see Mi-Rae..."

Flashback to 2 Days Ago (Day of Auction):

Jungkook was standing outside of auction hall, staring at his phone, trying to call Mi-Rae's uncle one last time. His heart pounded, hoping for a breakthrough. But instead of a reply, he received a message.

A photo.

Jungkook's face turned pale as he opened it.

To be continued!!!!!

Guys, please vote and support me🗳!!!

Please follow me on Instagram 🤗!!!!