one

shay is played by yasmeen kearra

two years ago

"it's pathetic how you don't have a girlfriend." ryan laughs, after ending his phone call with his girlfriend.

"i can get a girlfriend if i wanted to, shut the hell up." justin rolls his eyes.

after letting ryan walk through, justin walks in, the unfamiliar gym bigger than he thought. "hello, mr. bieber. your personal trainer is through there."

the two boys walk through the door, a different part of the gym being a boxing studio. what caught his attention is a girl boxing. she was hitting the punching bag hard so justin assumed she was super pissed.

"that's my daughter, shayla." the tall, bald headed man smirks. "and im your new trainer, just call me dee."

ryan laughs, "im going on the treadmills. have fun dying."

putting his duffle bag down, justin rolls his eyes. he watched shayla punch at the bag, and he noticed her punches getting weaker. "dee, is she okay?"

dee shrugs, justin standing up and walking over to her. as soon as he did, he heard her practically begging for air so he gave her his water. "you okay?" she removes her hood, him seeing her eyes are red.

"im fine." she snaps, obvious that she was crying.

now

"you're lucky i don't kick your ass right now." shayla gives a threatening look to ryan. justin laughs, sitting down next to her.

they are at a ice cream shop, waiting for ryan's girlfriend, nicole. shayla, lowkey never liked nicole reason being she flirts with every dude she sees. "why don't you like her?" justin whispers, ryan on the phone with her.

"no reason."

"there's obviously a reason."

shayla looks at him, and starts laughing. "grow all of your hair out, you're not sixteen. stop with the fringe."

"you're so mean to me, why am i friends with you?" justin pouts, shayla giggling. "come order with me, ryan can order his when she gets here."

as they stood up, shayla pulled her sweatpants down so they weren't sucked between her thighs. "justin, did you see the new jordan's?"

he nods, "i like them, but the strap is stupid."

"you're stupid." she jokes.

rolling his eyes, he looks at her. "i'll buy them for you, if you want them."

she gave him that look, and he just groaned. "why won't you let me buy you things? you're my best friend."

ignoring him, she ordered her ice cream. justin ordered his next, then turned around to see her staring at a girl. he didn't want to jump to conclusions but he thought shayla might be lesbian.