thirty six

justin

laying in bed with her until four in the morning watching netflix and eating all types of foods and snacks was perfect.

we woke around noon because of nicole and ryan bursting in, yelling at each other. shayla groans into my chest, then sits up. "why?" is all she asks.

"i came here to get my charger, and we pulled up at the same time." ryan said. "but i said something to her about the cashier."

"i went back to shayla, i tried to get him fired because he broke us up. if your dumbass wouldn't jump to conclusions i wouldn't have done it." nicole retorts.

i breathe out heavily, "we're all going to the club tonight. getting drunk off our asses and going where the night takes us. you two are so annoying."

"fine by me." nicole shrugs. "i forgot what i came over here for now."

ryan rolls his eyes, walking out with me. "you and shayla a couple yet?"

"i didn't take her on a date yet." i say, walking downstairs. "im planning on it like next week."

"are you gonna be a romantic loser?" he teases.

"no, shut up. im trying to eat." i grab a box of cereal. he grabs two bowls, then sits down across from me.

+

shayla

i was looking forward to going out, but not with the two annoying asses with us. they get a thousand percent more annoying when drunk.

when i looked at my phone, nicole sent me a picture of her outfit and i literally laughed out loud. her dress is cute as fuck but she's wearing heels. have fun breaking your ankles.

as i was putting my shoes on, i then decided to send her one back. she didn't make any comment about it not being girly, so i just shrugged, and left out the room.

justin was on the phone, arguing with whoever it is. i take his phone, hearing, "i don't care who you're dating, she's not me. i know you still love me."

"ha! get lost." i laugh, hanging up. i put his phone in his pocket, then kisses his lips. "come on. you need to forget about her."

he sighs, "i know."

++

at the club, nicole and ryan had went their separate ways. i was challenging justin to drink the five shots i ordered in a row, and he did it.

the bartender was laughing, "want some water?" and justin nods.

"didn't think you'd do it."

"i, am a man." he hits his chest, me rolling me eyes.

"i'll be back. hold this." i hand him my bag, finding my way to the bathroom. i went in there to make sure i didn't look a mess, then when i exited, a girl bumped into me. "sorry."

"ooh, girl. where you get that shirt?" the girl said, me laughing.

"i think forever 21."

"your whole outfit is on point." she compliments me. "aye, wait out here for me, okay?"

"yeah."

laughing, i move out the way, deciding to wait for the girl. im not sure if she knew who i was friends with and that's why she talking to me or if she actually wants to be friends.

she exited the bathroom, smirking. "had to make sure my hair's on point, now we talk."

we walk side by side back over toward justin while talking about my outfit. the conversation had switched between clothes, hair, and our music tastes. i felt bad for leaving justin but i really liked this girl.

"i never caught your name." i say, as she reapplies her lipgloss. "mine is shayla."

"mine is amara." she replies. "i know y-"

she stopped as soon as a familiar song came on. grabbing my hand, she threw her bag, then lead me over to the dance floor. when the beat started, i realized the song.

her milly rock was clean as fuck, me not liking to dance. i was always insecure of doing so. "girl, i know you know how to do this dance. and i know that lil white boy does too, so-"

"wait, you know im friends with him?"

"im not stupid." she laughs. "he's watching, i thought that's why you didn't want to dance."

"i know how to do it, i just don't like to dance."

"come on girl, just be careless and free."

justin

watching her from where i was was amusing. she made a new friend that actually got her to dance. pulling out my phone, i was going to record her, until ryan came over to me.

"im leaving."

"why? what's wrong?"

he points to nicole dancing up on some guy, and i just close my mouth. "oh, uh, i'll see you tomorrow?"

we do our handshake before he leaves out. i grab shay's bag, walking over to her. "ryan left, we have to watch out for nicole."

"is he okay?" she asks.

i shrug, then her friend smiles at me. "amara."

"justin." i smile. "i'm gonna go get something to drink. want something?" shayla shakes her head, and so i keep walking. 

----

wow ok lol