fifty one

chapter 49 shayla did tell justin she loves him and not just as a best friend

justin

so she didn't flat iron her hair but she wanted me to help her wet her hair and put this oil stuff in it. when she finished, i walked away to give her her privacy to change.

i stood at the bottom of the steps, opening snapchat. while waiting, i waiting took several selfies, then i heard her heels against the floor.

when she started walking down the stairs, i smirk, and he laughs. "you've seen me in a dress, justin."

"you look so sexy in white." i say, grabbing her waist. she just pushes my shoulder, and kisses my cheek.

"let's go." she smiles.

"we're taking pictures." i say, smiling, as i follow her outside. she just rolls her eyes, and we walk to the car. i open the door for her, she gets in, then i walk over to my side.

+

at the party, shayla was going around mingling with people as i was talking to scooter.

"you two are the most talked about couple." scooter says. "you really love her don't you?"

"yeah. at first she was hesitant to tell me she actually loves me and not just best friend wise, but she finally did." i smile, looking down at my cup. scooter smiled, and patted my back.

"you two are going to get married."

"i honestly hope so."

just as our conversation was ending, she started walking toward us. scooter smiles, then walks away. "selena's here and i want to stay as far away as possible."

"we don't have to. just ignore her, and we'll do what we do." i say, grabbing her hand. "you want something to drink?"

"yeah." she nods, the groans. "these heels are killing me. im gonna change into some flats."

"okay, i'll get your drink."

as she goes to sit down, and i went to walk, i turned around as soon as i saw her walking toward me. "justin! you're not getting away from me."

"man, what do you want from me?" i turn to selena and she smiles.

"you. i've always wanted you. and you move on to your best friend?" she asks. "did you have a crush on her when we were dating?"

"what happened to 'im so sick of that same old love'?" i quote her song. "and no, i didn't. and if i did it doesn't matter now because i have her and she's all i want."

she was silent so i just walked straight past her to get shayla a drink. when i turned around, selena was gone and shayla was sitting at the table alone.

shayla

selena had given me the dirtiest look when she walked past meaning she was jealous and absolutely hates me now. oh well.

justin hands me my cup, then kisses my forehead. "i really love you, you know that?"

"i love you too." i smile, knowing i meant it. in the short amount of time that we've shared kisses and cuddled like an actual couple, i realized i must've had hidden feelings for him. "i really really love you."

"don't get all cute on me now." he mocks, then tilts my chin up to kiss me. as soon as he did, i heard a whistle, me turning my head to see nicki walking toward us.

"my favorite couple." she smirks. "how's life after that whole social media stuff?"

"pretty great, actually." justin smiles.

"what's selener been up to?" nicki quotes her name from beauty and a beat making me burst into laughter.

justin was laughing too as he answered, "she's being jealous and extra annoying. she just told me she wants me, and she's always wanted me."

"and what'd you say?"

"i asked her about her same old love song, and she just went silent." he says. "i mean i loved her and we had that on and off relationship, but i can't deal with it anymore. can't deal with her anymore."

"that's good." she smiles. "i'll see you later and girl, we're taking pictures before the party ends."

i smile and hug her, before she walks off. "stop staring at her butt." justin nudges my shoulder.

"like you weren't." i roll my eyes, and he just smirks. we sat in silence, me thinking about this whole selena thing. "are you really over selena? you two went through so much, and like yo-"

"shay, i love you, okay. i only want you, and i have you and that's all i want and need." he wraps his arms around me from behind. "i don't love her anymore."

"i love you, so much." i breathe, kissing his jawline.

"seriously, just get married already." a random voice spoke. scooter and his wife yael were standing there.

"shh, don't spoil the surprise." justin says, my head dropping. i turn to him with wide eyes, and he starts laughing. "im kidding, oh my god."

"don't do that, i really thought you were serious!"

"would you have said yes?"

"hell yes."

-----

help
me
find
a
way
to
end
this
book