forty

justin

she was sitting here with me in silence. it's been three days since we've spoken, considering she's stayed at amara's the whole time.

my album is being dropped tonight and even though we're not talking it's good to have her with me. "whatever happened, you two need to fix it. you two look depressed."

"there's nothing wrong." i say to scooter. he rolls his eyes and walks away. sighing, i turn to shay, and she looks at me. "im sorry."

"im not even mad anymore, i just didn't want to be the first to say sorry." she admits. rolling my eyes, i lean back and she laughs. "i'm sorry! im on my period, you know how i get."

"yeah, yeah." i laugh. "now come here."

she sits on my lap, me hugging her close. with her head on my shoulder, i was tempted to kiss her but so many people didn't know. "can i kiss you?" i ask.

"i said not until the date." she whines, giving me a strict look.

"it's a good luck kiss for my album." i try, and she stands up and walks away. "shaay!" i whine.

she shakes her head, covering her mouth. walking over to her, i move her hands while leaning in. "your mom is here." she whispers.

"they're bound to find out at one point." i say before getting the kiss ive wanted. during the kiss, shayla starts laughing. "what's so funny?"

"scooter's face."

when i look at scooter he was absolutely shocked, as well as my mom. "why are we just finding this out?" mom exclaims.

"only three people knew, we didn't want many people knowing until we officially went on a date, but justin wanted a good luck kiss." shayla rolls her eyes. scooter starts laughing, mom walking over to me.

she smiles, "you really love her, don't you?"

i nod. "don't let this relationship end up like selena and that jayde girl."

"i promise it won't."

+

shayla

since i was the only one who didn't listen to the full album, i had bought it and sat in his bedroom listening.

listening to no pressure made me think of what justin said about not pressuring me into the relationship. no sense was my favorite behind trust.

"you like it?" justin sits down, laying his head on my lap. nodding, i pause the music then looked at him.

"what songs are about selena, and be truthful?" i ask.

"love yourself, and sorry. what do you mean, and i think been you. there's a lot but there's some about you so don't focus on her." he says. i smile, feeling honored that justin wrote several songs about me.

"which one?"

"no pressure, trust, no sense, and all in it." he smiles, grabbing my hand. he kisses it before sitting up. "i want to call you mine, can our date be tomorrow?"

smiling wide, i nod. he smiles just as big before tackling me softly to the bed, and laying on me. "get off me." i whine.

"no, i just wanna lay here."

"stop being cute for i smack you." i mumble, pushing him over. when i got my phone, amara was calling, and i answered.

"girl! your boys album is fire, i just might be one of those believers. my sister made me buy it and we listened to it on our way home and damn that song with big sean." she says as soon as it connected. justin was laughing considering he had taken the other earphone. "i can hear you."

"wait, i wanna meet her sister if she's a belieber." justin says, me smiling.

"that's fucking adorable but my sister's birthday isn't until friday. i want to have the best birthday present, so you're gonna have to wait." amara says.

"who's on the phone?"

"none of your business." amara said. "i'll facetime you later."

"okay."

when i hung up, justin smirks. "if amara likes my album, so many people will."

"just based off amara's opinion?"

"she said she never liked my music. except for the song with future and hold tight." he says. "you walked away for like five minutes and she gave me constructive criticism and then told me the songs she does like."

"she doesn't have a filter."

"you're saying it like you do." justin says, me pushing him off the bed. he starts laughing, "i was kidding."

"no you weren't."

"i know i wasn't."

----

comment if you're still listening to purpose

i am lol listening to no pressure rn as i type